Hello, I am 39 years old and had a hysterectomy taking everything but ovaries in 2004 for a large fibroid. I was depressed then but thought I had worked my way through it. I was never able to have any children. I have begun having nasty cysts on my ovaries which rupture and leave me incapacitated for several days, I should also mention I am a DES baby, and my uterus was malformed. Now I am facing having my ovaries removed and have fallen into an even deeper depression. I do not feel like a woman anymore and see not much of a future for me. I am seeing a therapist and taking medication, but I do not feel any better. I don't know what to do and am afraid I am going to go through an emotional meltdown. Is there any other help I can seek?

What you are feeling is normal after having a hysterectomy. When a women is told that she will never be a mom is tragic for sure.
I'm sure you are a lovely women with much love to give. Have you ever considered adoption? I know it can be expensive but there are so many children out there that would love for you to be their mom.
Continue with your therapy, it really will help. Think about contacting a few agencies, just to inquire, it will take your mind off things and maybe give you a new outlook.
In the meantime, check into some support groups. There are many women going thru the same things that you are. You will be able to share stories with them and make some new friends as well.

I hope you don't mind but I need a place to vent. I have spent nearly 20yrs trying to concieve only had two miscarriages and one failed marriage. Last month went to the doc because of extreme pain he said I have endo, cyst and a fibroid. Becuase of the constant pain I am having a hysterectomy so I can at least function.
I am angry becasue I have spent all these yrs in pain for nothing. The doctor said I would never have a full term baby without extensive procedures.
About the adoption idea- would people stop shoving that down our throats. "you can always adopt" I am adopted for one and second my husband and I looked into it. They will not consider us because of my husbands heart condidtion and my childhood abuse. I get that you have good intentions but please be considerate.
Sorry about the rambling. :'(
t