Iam 23 I have a 18 month old son, and just recently found out that I am 3 weeks pregnant, and I believe I am having a miscarriage as we speak. I need some serious information about the signs of a miscarriage. I am having some light bleeding which at times is red blood. Iam pretty sure of what I am going through I have been through it a few years back. Please respond as soon as you can. :-( :-(

WHEN you actually MISS your period you are technically 4 weeks pregnant, or 4 weeks from your last menstrual period.. It is rare to find out you are pregnant at 3 weeks, unless you have a blood test.. DID YOU already miss a period?????

A LOT of early pregnancy tests will pick up a pregnancy BEFORE you miss a period, BUT you can have an early miscarriage. Bleeding and cramping are common..BUT IF you were pregnant it would show on a blood test..

Carifairy is right, pregnancy is taken from the first day of your last period. So by three weeks I am assuming that you concieved three weeks ago? That would make you 5 weeks pregnant. Generally brown discharge is considered normal, but very small amounts of red blood are o.k. If you have cramps or a heavy flow then it is likely to be a miscarriage

I 'm just going through miscarriage. I did not have any symptoms,, even spotting, even cramps, anything. I was in 11 weeks fr my pregnancy when I found out that the heart was not beating and the fetus was size of 8 weeks. I am really positive thinking and maybe that's why I did not have any signs. After my doctor told me, I was staring spotting the same day in the evening. Right now I am concern if the natural way will come out everything what is left in my uterus so I dont need D&C.

i just told the father i comfirmed my feelings i am pregnent

i concived on 14th jan but then yesterday i started with back pain and bleeding

then these evening i just had a sudden major flood of blood soked through my clothes and right through on sofa ran to the loo to descovered a what i can only describe as huge blood clot on the bottom of the bottom of the loo in shocked and distressed i called my auntie asked for advice

iv been told sounds like iv miscarred and there nothing i can do my body just desposing of it

i was adviced to just think it as a heavy period so i dont get to upset over it

but go to the doctors and make them aware of this asap

this would of been my second child sorry for your loss hunny my thoughts are with you

I miscarried yesterday at only 4 weeks pregnant, all it is is just a heavy period and major cramping.. And its so sad..

I think, no, I am pretty sure that I just miscarried this afternoon. I agree- heavy period and major cramping...and very, very sad. I was also about 4 weeks in...I feel your pain.

I miscarried 2 months ago, i was 5 and a half months pregnant, i went for scans i was told at 4 months pregnant that i was only 8 weeks gone, the doctors got it wrong, i went into early labor was rushed into hospital, as i had severe bleeding and i was hemorrhaging. I must stress to all woman that if u believe your miscarrying see a doctor! Having my miscarriage destroyed me i had to give birth to my Son who had died, i was in hospital for days and due to not having the right help, i have been told i may not conceive in the future, please go to the doctors!

I also miscarried and feel for your pain, my thoughts are with you all at this time.

I miscarried two years ago after a long international flight.

Two weeks before the flight I hadn’t felt right I was bloated and my period was late I had thought I was pregnant and had done a pregnancy test which was negative, so I thought it had just been flu and I would be okay to fly.

The worst part was I was flying alone ,I was completely stressed out due to horrendous turbulence encountered we were not allowed to leave our seats for the remainder of the five hours of our flight and had to remain buckled in.

During the last three to four hours of the flight I experienced back pain /cramping /nausea and put this all down to stress due to the flight but the cramps continued when I got off the plane so I made my way to the ladies then I miscarried, I changed my clothing not wanting to be far away from home making a fuss, then endured a four and a half hour journey home.

I was told there was nothing that I could have done about it due to fact it was an early pregnancy, and was reassured that there would be no further procedures necessary, the staff were wonderful, I was told to go home and rest for the next week or so.

The saddest thing of all is my husband and myself were thousands of miles apart at the time and I had to tell my husband the awful , news by phone, it was one of the most upsetting times of my life, I felt awful having to do that for both him and me.

My husband seems much more resilient and able to deal with the miscarriage better than I am, he was sort of sympathetic but seemed to be able to put it into perspective by feeling that at least he knew in his words: ( at least I am not shooting blanks) that upset me so much although I did not voice it at the time due to the situation, and haven’t since, I thought maybe it was his way of dealing with things, I just fell silent after he said that, I couldn’t believe he was just happy he wasn’t shooting blanks when I had been through the horror of all that and loosing our baby, I was devastated and feeling like so many women, that I had not just let us both down but that some how it was my fault for not recognising the signs earlier or realising I was pregnant even though the test had said otherwise, not protecting the pregnancy and our baby, I felt so alone.

I still feel alone in this even two years later and never mention it to anyone not even my husband/ friends or relatives, only two people know of it other than my husband and myself and they supported me through this at the time, and in some way it helps now to be able to share this with women who have gone through similar to me, I feel that at least we will all understand one another’s feelings.

I know it has now been two years and I have managed to get on with life and have had to let things go on. I have even managed to laugh again but whenever I hear a news item about a woman miscarrying or hear a young baby crying it always hurts me right to the core, I don’t think I will ever totally recover from this as long as I live, the experience is with me every day, I still get flash backs it’s horrible.

My husband doesn’t have flashbacks since he was not with me at the time, he hasn’t the experience or the visuals for any flashbacks so his understanding is different, he is able to forget and put it all behind him, believe me I don’t begrudge him that in any way, I am glad he is free from that and able to just be.

Maybe one day, when enough time has elapsed we will all be able to be that way to they say time is a great healer.
:-(

I am sure by now you have found out either way, but when I miscarried, the first sign was my temperature dropped and i felt a bit of a shockwave of cold run through me. Then I just stopped feeling pregnant-my boobs were no longer sore, which was the biggest sign of all. Miscarriage is a hugely common thing, and no one tells you that until you have one yourself. Almost everyone I know has had one/lost a baby or is having trouble concieving. We had two miscarriages in 8 months last year and are still trying.....but the important (and not to sound dramatic thing) is to know your not alone, and also that you may not have miscarried (though again by now you will know either way).
i hope it all worked out..

Hi

i believe that i went through a misscarriage a few months ago.

i was ok all day and most of evening but as i was layed in bed watching tv my back started to ache and then get really unbearable to the point i was crying and curling around my bed in total aggony. i went to the toilet and there was a dark red clot on the tissue about the size of my palm and i was bleeding VERY badly like never before, i went to the doctors the next day and she said it could have been a bad period and that i should try and lose weight. im not huge im only a size 16!

iv never been pregnant and in a way im hoping it was a misscarriage as this means i can get pregnant and i never thought i could.

please comment as i would like to know if anyone else has gone though the same thing :-)

Yes I m/c yesterday at 4:30 in the morning..I was 3 weeks along says blood work...however i had a rush of heavy bleeding, but no cramps and no pain...i went to the hospital took a urine test and it came back negative :( ...totally killed me too hear this..but i must believe that god does things for a reason, and though it is so sad and painful..he will not give us anything we cant handle ...though are instinct is to love protect and nurture our babies or children , he knows that we are a strong sex and we can pull thru this time of lose....i am not a religious person..but having my first m/c yesterday changed my whole life :( it tore me apart..and I am so very sorry for all of you who have been thru this...keep your heads up and if a baby is what you want DONT GIVE UP :) :)

Sweetheart, it sounds like you are suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. This is something I suffer from myself. Go to your doctor and talk to them about this and how it is making you feel. No one can ever make you forget the baby you lost, and they will forever be in your heart, but it's not fair on you to be feeling this way. It will get better I promise, but now might be the time to ask for help xxx