When I was about 9 or 10yrs old, I was playing on a playground and I climbed onto the monkey bars and fell on my v***** I ran straight to the nurse and told her what happened (well I didn't exactly run, it hurt way to much). She said I'd be fine and sent me to class. After school I told my mom what happened and she said not to worry about it. When she fell asleep I went to bathroom and looked "down there". It was bloody and after I cleaned it up, I could see there was no cuts or scrapes. And that the bleeding had stopped. I'm fifteen now and I am so worried that I might have broke my hymen! I've heard it's possible to do so in sports but could it have happen years ago when I didn't even know?! Please HELP!!!!!! And also, does this mean I lost my virginity?!?!

Hey Worrygirl,

It's quite possible taking a big impact in that area could have broken your hymen, especially as you say you had been bleeding.  I'm not sure what other explanation there could be for bleeding from that area at such a young age, with no cuts.  If you did break your hymen it does not matter in the slightest regarding your virginity you are still a virgin.  If you use Tampax, you are still a virgin, the only way you loose your virginity is when a penis enters your vagina, even for a few seconds as that is the act of sign of the female being a virgin or not is in some cultures that is how they decide if a girl is still a virgin.  It's a very outdated method as we have learned over the years many other things cause the hymen to rupture, as you have already said, sports and horse riding are typical ways for it to become damaged, but rest assured if you have never had intercourse you are still a virgin

Thank you!! I was looking at other questions and I remembered that event. I had no clue if that could break my hymen! Glad I still have my virginity though lol