So I just had an appointment with my gyno and we were both quite shocked. Turns out I'm 24 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby boy. I'm happy about the pregnancy and all but its a huge surprise. I haven't gaineed any weight at all and I'm not showing. I haven't been having any symptoms including that I've still been getting what I thought was my period every month. Neither off these would bother me much, especially the no weight gain, except I'm a type 1 diabetic and I was just always under the impression that id havve to watch my weight during pregnancy even more so than someone who's not diabetic...I guess my only question is, is this normal?

Dear J-Lee

You need to talk to your diabetics care team about what to do now. Have you done that?

I have talked to them. They're having me stay on the same diet but said I had to change my workout routines as to not harm the baby. Other than that they didn't say much. My A1c was at 6.2 and all my vitals were good, they didn't have any worries of preclampsia. Plus my baby is developing properly so I'm really happy! Like I said, I just find the rest strange...oh and of course they changed my isulin and gave me supplements just in case.

You asked: "I guess my only question is, is this normal?" I guess your diabetics team can answer that. Personally, I wouldn't worry about whether is can be labelled 'normal' or not, as long as everything is OK, which it appears to be.

Take Care