Even after having their gallbladder removed, some people continue to experience discomfort or even pain after the surgery while others have to deal with diarrhea, constipation, nausea.

Are you one of them? Have you found what works for eliminating this annoying side effects? What foods did you find to suit you and not cause discomfort? Share your tips with the rest of the people having troubles eating after gallbladder removal.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** 

Hey Marrilyn, 

I can’t say that I have a first-hand experience, but, after my dad’s gallbladder removal, I picked uo a thing or two, so I hope it will help someone going through the same.
First of all, general rule is to keep the meals small. And I mean really really small, like a cup of low-fat pudding. But, depending on how the day goes, you can slowly increase the size and frequency of these meals. Besides pudding, the favorites for him were mashed potatoes and noodle chicken broth.

Second is to avoid fat, which is something that I know is obvious, but even the small amounts triggered diarrhea and bloating for him, so, I guess it’s better to be safe than sorry and continue avoiding fat for first few weeks.
Oh, and vegetables can play a trick on you – beans, peas… they all cause bloating.