I had my gallbladder removed only one week ago, but I have not been able to keep anything down. Every time I eat I have diarreah or I throw up my food and a ton of bile. Has anyone else had this problem or know if it should get better? I am 30 years old and have a two year old and a 9month old to take care of and without food I am so weak and tired, I need help!

It is a common that for weeks after gallbladder removal surgery patient faces significant amount of discomfort and pain. This is because the organs have been shifted internally during the surgery to remove the gallbladder. Moreover, carbon dioxide is pumped to inflate the abdominal cavity. Some of this gas remains in the body causing bloating and uneasiness. The liver produces lesser bile after gallbladder removal, which is thick and sluggish leading to pain and bile stone formation. Only thing that is recommended to ease these troubles is specific fat free diet: the diet after gallbladder removal should include skimmed milk, soups, salads, lean meat, skinned fish, etc. Fried, spicy food, peanuts, pastries, cereals, etc. should be avoided. There are also some herbal remedies, but it is best to avoid experimenting this soon after surgery, and if these symptoms persist for a few days longer, you definitely have to see a physician about this.