Hi, my mother suffers from diabetes, and she takes drugs regularly, but she also has to take care of food that she’s eating. I would like to know how many carbs per day can diabetic eat?

Hi, I suffer from diabetes for a long time, and always had to take care of nutrition. Diabetics must know what is safe for them to eat, and what isn’t. Fifty percent of all calories that I take per day, is from carbs. However, I don’t eat any carbs, but only those with a lower GI value on the glycemic Index. It’s sometimes boring to calculate carefully what I eat and how much I eat it, but it’s equally important as medicines. My diet also includes 30 grams indigestible type of carbohydrate per day. I eat sugar depending on my energy needs, but mostly I avoid it. It’s also important how regular your meals are. They should be little but often.