I want to participate on distance running next year I am not sure would it be half marathon or marathon so regarding the fact that I am total beginner I am interested in gaining some information about distance running training and actually what I need to start with these preparation? I hope the fact I am 38 won't make no problem for I am no smoker and generally I am in good shape and physical condition and I really have this wish to start with distance running.

No, your age is not a problem you just first check your medical condition with your doc first, you know how it goes –hearth, lung and circulation control , blood and urine exams and so on this would do you good just to see weather are you ready for such tough attempt as marathon or half marathon distance running is. Anyway it is always good finding some good and experienced distance running guider and you might also follow the info regarding distance running over the internet and there is also some magazine I think it is called Runner's world and it is where you can find bunch of good info related to the distance running. Provide yourself the proper equipment especially the right running shoes that would fit your foot, watch out to drink a lot of water and keep notes regarding the facts of your distance running training. I think that it takes about a year to get in distance running shape.