I am about to participate in some half marathon in few months but I am total beginner regarding this marathon and half marathon running so my question is how one should be preparing for half marathon. Are there any special rules I need to follow in order to succeed with this half marathon and does it means I would have to reduce some of my habit regarding the food and occasional avoidance of half marathon preparation?

The first thing important in preparation for half marathon and therefore for marathon itself is to stop thinking the way you do-you have mentioned food and avoiding preparations that is a wrong approach from the beginning that won't bring you anywhere regarding the half marathon. The fact is that the special diet is an important part of the preparations for half marathon as well as regular daily bases which are not advised to be avoided for it is how you would gain the proper condition in order to go through whole the half marathon successfully. Preparation for half marathon also includes speed workouts but it doesn't mean you have to run like crazy but just to keep your condition on the proper level and the workouts are gradually increased especially at the last six weeks before half marathon begins.