I'm experiencing the same thing. I've gained 15lbs since January and it's all going to my stomach and thighs. The same thing with the headaches, loss of energy, gassy, and bloating. I'm not sure what to do!

I just got through with 4 months of testing for cancer, pregnancy, abdominal pregnancy, tumors, liver disease, kidney disease, you name it, all because I gained 30 pounds all in my stomach (especially high up) in just three months while being on a ketogenic diet and walking everywhere I went because of no car right now. In other words, I have been an easy size 8 for these past three years, and now without anything changing, I had to buy size 14 pants just to get them to zip over my belly, and they were baggy everywhere else. I could still wear my bra in the last hooks, and my tops still fit me though stretched over my bulge some. It was embarrassing! I looked 8 months pregnant! My boss actually asked me if I was pregnant and if I would be able to do my job in the fall. The tests all showed that I was in perfect health, not pregnant, no cancer. However, in talking, it was revealed that I had had three deaths in the family in the past 6 months, and that I had also lost the man I loved during this time. The diagnosis was severe grief and emotional pain that had caused cortisol to keep me in survival mode, and my body put away all this fat in my stomach for later use. I cried and cried all the way home from that appointment, something I had not taken the time to do in the past 6 months of great loss, and when I woke up the next day, my stomach was already smaller. I plan to cry a lot more and work through all this grief, and when I do, I am pretty sure my body will relax and get back to normal. I hope this helps some of you out there. It is not a possible solution for everybody, but maybe there are some like me who are in survival mode, and your bodies are hanging on to fat in your belly in case you need it.

Wow this is so interesting, thank you for sharing. I went through a divorce and upped the exercise/ lowered my caloric intake , started working full time and became a single parent of three.

I have recently noticed that when I STOP exercising daily -- for four or five days even-- I feel and look less inflamed and have less pain in my gut.

However another interesting data point to add: I was also on a keto diet when this started. Then switched to a high carb low fat vegan diet after the pain started. Although this all may not be related.

I had a hysterectomy Feb 10/17 (I still have one ovary). I too have gained 20lbs since then and my boobs are bigger and tender. OBGYN says its not related to my surgery?!
My diet and exercise have NOT changed. I look like Im 6 months pregnant (obviously Im not) and I hate this extra poundage, its suckx.
Going to get blood work done to see if that shows anything...ugggg

cartem217380 - if anyone can give you an answer, please share. I have the same issue and feeling incredibly depressed.

Did you find out???

Did you find out??? I feel the same ;(

Hi, just wanted to see if you were ever able to figure out what kind of parasite you were dealing with? I have had a constantly distended stomach for 3 years after coming back from a ski resort and have been not able to figure it out. It's all so frustrating!

High cortisol is something that I found was a factor. In my case, the cortisol was a reaction to a very bad and long lasting infection... a trauma in itself. I take some supplements to try and regulate this high level of cortisol. I have been able to sleep better at night but the weight is still not coming off.

While I feel I am mentally and emotionally on solid ground at this time, my body is in a constant battle. Like so many here, diet and exercise are not the main factors of the sudden weight gain. Losing is near impossible. Then I will lose it at an incredibly slow pace only for it to come on again quickly again with no change in diet and exercise. I have tried so many healthy diets I can honestly rule out diet for the most part. Currently I am on a very disciplined diet that I found works for me. I have had digestive issues in the past and with my current diet and supplements over a period of time I found that these are managed and I do not believe that intestinal health is impacting my weight.

Many of the issues mentioned here I have explored. While they have not improved my situation, they are worth checking out including thyroid, diet allergies or intolerances, infections and parasites.

I use to be a fit 125 lbs. I am 50 pound overweight and it is devastating. I always looked fit in the past now I look heavy and out of shape. People are surprised how strong I am because they see an obese person who they do not think trains hard. Training is harder with the extra weight and I cannot overdo it or I will swell up more and start to deteriorate. I sweat daily... I either exercise to the point of heavy sweating, am in hot yoga, in the sauna or a combination of all of these.

At this point , I believe the cause is my body's inability to clear toxins. That is why I am maximizing my points of elimination: digestive tract , lungs (running and yoga to improve breathing flow), and skin (sweating). If I miss two days of my protocol I can already feel the effects. I am at the point of being able to keep my mind clear of brain fog and have more energy but the abdominal swelling (particularly just below the sternum) and the weight issues remain. I continue exploring what else I can do... I wish I had answers for myself and others.

Did you determine your issue? Feeling any better yet?

Hi. What site did you order from? Outcome? Dealing with exact same issues. Please let me know 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Have had same problem and exactly the same procedures, all negative. Doctors look at me like I'm crazy. Have gained 40 pounds in last 4 mos. Cannot digest, 2-1/2 weeks later, a little liquid passes. Distended abdomen gets so tight want to cry. Please help!

I'm so sorry that is happening to you. I'm in the same boat. I think we both need to get some tests done to find out what the heck is going on with our bodies. Could be a tumor or our thyroids. I already have gastritis, fibromyalgia, and sleep apnea. I don't want or need anything else. I hope you find out what's going on with you.

Hello, are you still having these symptoms? I am 47, and am having these symptoms, for th longest time I stayed at around 150lbs, then it was like one day I was at 170lbs, and i have a round stomach.

Has anyone thought of high estrogen levels?