I feel the exact same symptoms that you have . Had cat scans . Ultrasounds and blood work . Can't figure it out very frustrating :( now more blood work today , might be thyroid . I feel pregnant ! Gained ten pounds in a month . And before this have been the same weight for 12 years :(

I am 200 pounds.are we aliens? no one understands or seem to care anymore try b12. i am tired out. i feel for u get your b/p checked mine runs 179/119 surprised i am not dead. god help all of us who suffer this demon from hell So thankful to see your post. i am 56 and i asked to die. i am convinced it has to be food related i almost went to the psyche ward to day. i have the extension of the stomach daily and it has seemed to move up to my chest and breathing area. i went to the er for the chest pains and they released me and found nothing wrong but anxiety which i have with pts. and most people do not understand my condition and are tired of hearing about it. so all i can do is trust in god. i have also gained over 50 lbs and my blood pressure always reads 179 over 110 when it flares up and prob the same when my blood pressure isnt read. i feel like im 9 months pregnant! i too wear sweat pants all the time and do not socialize like i used too. it has taken over my WHOLE life!! god bless all of you, i am thinking of all of you. p.s i heard b12 is helpfull in this condition but not a cure

I am glad to see that I'm not the only one experiencing these symptoms. I'm sorry that this is causing so many people so many problems.

Seems like when I turned 38 (2 mos ago) my body just went crazy! I've been 102-105lbs for the past 20 years. I work out regularly (P90X and TurboFire) and eat pretty healthy. I probably consume more alcoholic drinks than I should, but I work out more when I know I'll be drinking more. I don't drink enough water, but I have been trying to increase that here lately. My husband and I try not to eat too many processed foods and we eat lots of fruits and vegetables, fish, pork and chicken. We take protein shakes on days we work out. I've gotten on a kick of eating cottage cheese and greek yogurt lately. This is the only thing that has changed in my diet.

I have PCOS and had been taking Vitex to help with my cycles. For the past year my cycles were 30-40 days. I usually experience this weird bloating before I start my period, then it would stop after my period. I would joke that I was pregnant because my stomach would get huge! So when this current bloating happened, I figured it would go away after my period. I kept feeling like I was going to start my period, but nothing. Finally called obgyn and she scheduled an u/s. A cyst was found and I took provera to bring on a new cycle and she wanted me to take low dose BCP for three months. After my period came and went, I am still bloated. My weight is not that much more (about 3-5lbs more). But my clothes feel so tight. In the mornings it is not as bad, I can still see my stomach muscles and extend my stomach a little bit. But by the end of the day I can extend my stomach so much it looks like I'm about to give birth! I do have an appt with my obgyn next month, but didn't want to wait that long. So I scheduled an appt with my regular doctor. Hopefully I will get some blood tests done and possibly an MRI or something. I even started keeping track of my food intake because I thought maybe I am eating too much and need to cut back since turning 38. Except for the weekends, my calorie intake is about 1200-1800.

I will post back after my doctor appointments. Hopefully I will get some answers that might help someone else. Good luck to everyone going through this!!

Please let me know. I am having the same issues. I go to the doctor on Thursday for a pap. I will let you know if I find anything.

I am 33 years old and was healthy and in shape most of my life.  I gained weight after a knee surgury/college and a back surgury but lost it within a few months. 

Right before I got married I started gaining weight again with an inablity to loose it.   On my honeymoon my now husband of 5 years said that he could see me getting larger by the min.  I went out one evening in a dress that fit me great and had to take a taxi home becase my dress no longer fit, it was so imbarrising.

I tried many exercise programs, diets and fasts but nothing worked, then I got pregnant.  I got preeclamsia and got up to 265 lbs before I had her then gained another 10 before leaving the hospital. (I was 165 when I married my husband so over 110 lbs in a little over a year)  I didn't know what else to do, the doctors had run every test so they sent me to an allergist.  They said I was allergic to soy.  Which was in everything. 

I got back down to 220 when I eliminated all soy from my life including soy lectin.  Then I got pregnant again.  I worked out and watched what I ate and got up to 260 with this one, no preclamsia and no bed rest.   I lost the weight right away back down to 225 within a few months. 

Suddenly I started gaining again.  Sometime 10 to 15 lbs in one day!!!  I went immediatly to the allergist where they retested me and said I was allergic to Wheat as well (not gluten) and high fuctose corn syrup. 

After taking these out of my diet running 3-4 times a week 5 to 10 miles each, and adding in Les Mills Combat and/or insanity I got down to 180. 

Then again just the last few days (not pregnant) I have gained over 20 lbs and it is going up.  Most of my weight gain is in my stomach and theighs. 

I eat about 1200 -2000 calories a day.  Maybe drink a glass or two of red wine on the weekends and I work out and have a physical job.  Help!!!!! Any ideas??  I got back to the doctor on Thursday and we are both at a loss.

Hi All,

I'm 46 and, and kid and teen, was always "under weight." I am 5"9 and was 103 in high school - yes, eating disorder : (  -  so I was always told my weight concerns were off base.  Fast forward and I was 117 when I got pregnant with my now 17 year old...  Now I am peri-menopausal and I feel tired and fat all the time.  The worst part of this is I finally met and married the man of my dreams.  Full disclosure, I exercise but WAY too little, and I know this would make a difference.  I have no energy... not that that's an excuse at all, but it's what gets in the way...I feel like I can't move.

Just an FYI....

Oops... I meant to say "as a kid and into my teens"....

Hi All.

I too have been having the same problem for a couple of months now, waiting to be referred to hospital. I have done a lot of research into this as like most of you it is getting me down terribly, I am a 25 year old female 5'2 and I was 7.5 stone until a month ago, I am now very close to 9 - I can't fit into any of my clothes and I am becoming a quiet person as I am constantly worrying about what could be wrong with me, I don't get any pain just a very distended tummy and occasionally find it hard to breathe, I look about 6 months pregnant.

Two things I have come across that could help.

1.) I have the contraceptive 'Implannon' which was inserted into my left arm over a year ago, it claims to not cause weight gain, but I have come across other women who say they have the same problems as myself.

2.) Taking supplements such a charcoal and enzymes can help cure this bloating (so I have read, I haven't tried yet, but plan to tomorrow)

If anyone has any other suggestions or feels similar to me, please contact me as I am desperate to rid myself of this and get my life back.

Mia.

I have all the same symptoms but am now starting to loose weight rapidly. I had an extreme lower back pain and spasm last weekend and today finally passed this "carrot" that you reference. I think the fact that I binged on fiber over the weekend and then felt so bloated that I decided to have a salty broth to give myself some relief. Boy did the relief come, I passed that thing this morning and now this evening I had a bowel movement with visible small "seeds" that appeared to be small parasite eggs. Hang in there and perhaps try a cleanse from a health food store, bulk up on the fiber and cut out the gluten.

In July 2012, I had what I feel to be a gall bladder attack.  I thought I was dying.  While going through testing to find my problem, the doctor found a mass on my ovary.  He stopped all tests and told me to get to the Gyn the next day.  In September, I had surgery to remove the mass, as well as my ovaries.  I had already started going through menopause beforehand.  Since my surgery, my stomach started to get bigger.  Since then, I have gained almost 40 lbs.  I am extremely active with my job, I do not eat much and what I do eat is normally healthy.  Most of my weight is located in my stomach, but some in my hips and thighs.  I am miserable and becoming highly depressed.  I have been under stress at work and at home, but do not see that that would make a difference. My exhaustion is severe.  I cannot sit down without instantly dozing off, right now as a matter of fact.  I have dozed off while typing 3 times.  I am 51.

have ut thyroid levels checked

ACCUMULATION OF FECES COULD BE ONE OF THE PROBLEMS

By starving yourself and skipping meals your more likely to gain wait. The reason is because your body becomes so hungary that any food it recieves it turns into fat cells straight away where as if you eat 3 meals a day and work them off even with just a walk there more likely to be burnt off. Its a common misconceptipn that people believe theyll lose weight by starving but instead of burning it off your body converts it to fat to protect you. Plus not getting enough nutrients in your diet will make u lathargic

I have the same problem and yes I use to smoke also!!!! You maybe on to something!!!

I am having the same problem and can't figure it out.I have to wear strech pants because my cloths don't fit around the waist. I gained 4 lbs in three day's.I also have a liver problem (don't drink), I thought of ovarian cancer to.I have a dr. app. but not till the fall.Every one is going on holidays.so madding .We do not have a problem from toxic waste here.Kit. Ont.Best of luck to you.I hope you find out the problem. Please keep me informed. Donna