don't get me wrong. i love sex, but i also love to stroke. i haven't shared this before in a relationship. do girls mind if a guy likes to stroke when he's alone or even with his partner, if he also enjoys sex with his partner? do girls understand how it's two different forms of arousal? serious replies only from 18 or over please.

thanks, nick

Well it depends on the type of girl , I don't mind , but some can find it disgusting . I can do it , I can watch a guy do it , it doesn't bother me !! So really it depends on the type of girl she is

is it just something you put up with or do you find it arousing?

I'm happily married for over 5 years and we masturbate to each other watching before having sex, so we love it. I also know he masturbates once inawhile in the shower too, I don't care as long as he is still able to have to sex at some point in the day. Do guys mind if girls stroke themselves alone or with a partner (it's the same question). I find it arousing, both ways. Whatever floats your boat. BTW we are older and still do this (almost 40 when I say older). Does this help you?

Hi nick, my partner and I are both in our 40s. We have a very healthy sex life and both masturbate regularly, alone or with each other. He finds it a real turn on and so do I. That said, some women will feel hurt, disgusted etc. It is personal preference and reflects your attitude towards sex. Everyone is different. it all goes back to communication. Talk to your partner about it. That way you will know what each other think and be able to work something out. I think masturbating while in a relationship is pretty normal. if my partner was not happy with that I would struggle. Masturbation is a problem if its a way of avoiding sex and intimacy. Otherwise its healthy. For us it is additional to very regular sex and a very strong emotionally intimate relationship. All the best.