I recently contracted my first herpes. I accidentally transferred it to inside my nostrils, as I didn’t know how contagious it is, soon after my nose is getting uncomfortably blocked by bloody scabs. So, when I blow my nose to clear these am I stopping the herpes sores from healing. Is there any way to cure this or outbreaks decreases over time on their own?

Hello, I am in same situation as you I think…I'm not sure if I have herpes or not but a few weeks ago I had this painful crack that lasted 2-days and also had a very sore, red spot on the rim of my nostril. I thought it was a zit and I tried to pop it and I had no success. After about 10 days, I saw what appeared to be a single white head, then about 2 days later the red spot re-appeared and there still was a slight bump. It was very sensitive, slightly red and frequently itching. I put some acyclovir and out decreased. I don’t know if this helps.