Hey people,

I saw in this forum that you have some experience with Medifast. I am on this diet program since today. I started to follow it because my best friend started with it (we are roommates) and we want to cook together, we want to lose our pounds together :)

Now, I really need your help. Can you tell me which foods Medifast includes? I need some list of groceries that I can use while I am cooking.

I found some recipes, but a lot of groceries are missing – or at least I think so :)

Tell me, please.

Thank you! 

Hey there,

I don’t know what I can say about this. I don’t know, to be honest :) I mean, the main reason because I do not know which foods Medifast includes is because I was thinking that this diet program is all about meal replacements?

As far as I can remember, there are more than 70 replacements, such as soup, bars, snack, shakes…But, I don’t know about foods?

Anyone else? Can you tell us more about this? Is there some foods that are allowed during this diet process?

Let us know. It is very important if that is true.

Tnx a lot! 

Hello everyone,

How are you?

Yes, I have to say that I really agree with you. I was thinking that Medifast is all about meal replacements for some meals, that you can eat. I know that my friend is eating those replacements every time when she is hungry, and she is full for almost four hours. That is pretty good.

Now, about foods, I have to say that you have you avoid unhealthy food, foods with sugar, fried food, fast food. You have to be careful about your meals, that is all. But, I am sure that this one is all about replacements.

Good luck!  

Hello everyone,

I have one example for this diet program, as well. The story goes like that – I tried it but it didn’t work for me :) I just couldn’t base my menu on bars, protein shakes, shakes and all those meal replacements. I have to say that I was crazy in those two months, while I was on this diet program.

While I was at this diet program, I didn’t lose that many pounds as I expected to lose. That is one reason because I didn’t like this diet program at all. That is my experience, I don’t know about yours, but I am telling you how I felt.

Good luck! 

Good day all,

So I did Medifast last year, and I have to say that I have totally different experience than yours – I love the experience. True, it was a little pricey, but I listened to myself and I followed the plan, and I lost my weight.

You ca choose any three servings of vegetables from a list that Medifast provides. You can eat lean protein from chicken, eggs, fish, pork, turkey. But, every meal should have from zero up to two serving of healthy fats.

So, there is not too many thing that you should avoid, the principle is simple and it works.

Good luck!