Hi, I have been going out with my current boyfriend for six months now. Everything is going on just great. However, a problem for me occurred. I am pregnant. It is not that I am against having babies, but I think that this is too early for me. I am thinking about having an abortion. I am afraid what will my boyfriend think about it. Can you tell me guys opinions on abortions?

Hi, I think you are overreacting. You should not rush in making some steps you might regret later in your life. An abortion is a serious thing. It is not just as simple as it seams. Some people think that this is a murder. There are guys that think so too. There is no general thought that all guys agree about when it comes to abortions. Every one is different. The best thing that you can do is talk to your boyfriend. He must be involved in the decision as well. This is not something that you should do on your own. After all, you did not make the baby by yourself. He must share the responsibility with you.

I'm sorry. I don't think a man CAN share the responsibility of abortion with a woman. He has no legal right where the matter is concerned and his body and personhood takes on ZERO risks from the procedure. He also has ZERO financial obligation to pay for the procedure. I fail to see how he can share the responsibility of abortion - when only one person - the girl - is actually capable of taking on that responsibility and it's risks.

His thought and oppinions on the matter are valid and important - I will give you that....but in the end it isin't his body that will be affected. He is totally and completley unable to take on any risks or responsibilities where abortion is concerned - so while he can help her come to grips with her decision - he can't be an equal partner in making that decision or taking responsibility for that decision.

Hi Agnella,
I think it would be a GREAT IDEA franchot, that you gave. I think you guys (in my opinion) need to talk to each other regarding what you know about ALL options. When you share with one another, you have the beauty of expressing things and "bouncing" ideas off each other (so to speak). It might also help if you BOTH talk with someone reputable who can (without agenda-personal) educate you on the choices you have: abortion, adoption, parenting...and the risks, etc. It sounds (from your words) that you guys have a good relationship, and in my opinion, you dont know what reaction he will have. I believe he has the right to know though, because with some men, perhaps not all, it is VERY hurtful for them (believe it or not) to not know and never find out. It is, in a way, part of them as well.

There are plenty or reputable pregnancy care centers whom can help you and him with EDUCATING you on all choices. Keep in mind, though that some counselors may not be quite as understanding, but the wisdom you will gain is priceless and puts your mind at ease that you did check into everything.

Any questions you may have for me, I will MOST CERTAINLY answer to my best abiltiy. :Many blessings to you Agnella

Hizgrace