I know this is an old post but I need help in at my ends I think my wife is suffering from this disorder and has most of her life I've been with her for two years and have witnessed her cutting herself she was committed for evaluation once before we got married but I never found out anything I know. She was supposed to go for follow up but never did we tried couples therapy once because it was creating problems. Between us but she quit going because the therapist wanted some one on one sessions with her. I love my wife so much and I'm desperate for help can anyone steer me in the right direction is there anyone that does an intervention for this type thing please help me save my wife from herself

I have a mother that's schizophrenic.. I was in and out of foster homes as a youth because of her psychotic breaks and once I became a teenager I was able to "handle" them myself.. which wasn't really handling them because I shouldn't have been in those situations. once I got into high school she stayed on her meds and was pretty much "normal", still paranoid and stating that she was virgin mary and married to jesus but wise enough not to say those things to strangers. I am now almost 30 and she is gradually worsening, Im not sure if its because her new psyc doctor decreased her meds or if she just got worse with age: she is now hallucinating at night, thinking she is pregenant with twins and under the impression some people are out to get her. Im scared to have her In my house sometimes bc growing up she would say I was "the devil and not her daughter".. I don't know how she would behave at this point in time if she were to have a break. this felt so good to rant bc I have no one to talk to about this situation

Hi my don was in similar situation however aftervhe was put on monthly anti psychotic injection he improved a lot - he alsob stopped taking drugs when the medication started working he was at the rehab for 1 month and hit himself clean. Hence the key is regular medication and free of drug

Thank you for this.

Can he take psychotic medication in an injection form that will last from 1 to 3 months - l found this working for my son. He is stable and free of illicit drugs. The medication helps him to manage his illicit drug usage as well - however this is an ongoing issue and need life long treatement

I have been struggling with schizophrenia since about the 6th grade. I got diagnosed with it at age 11. And I am 19 about to be 20. My schizophrenia has gotten worse overtime. I have been trying all different medications. And so far I havent found one that works. I mean it would work for a good period of time but the more and more I take it. The more and more I feel like my symptoms are getting worse. Because now for the past 6 months I have been struggling with short term memory loss. I will totally lose my full memory, and I would go into a much bigger panic attack. Like when I hallucinate the voices would be so negative to me and threaten me do do things that I dont want to do. And some times I would act on it, and not even know that I would act on it until I am hurt or almost get hurt. So yes I believe schizophrenia can get worse as time goes by. With my memory loss and schizophrenia combined, I wouldnt know that I would do a thing but I until the next day. I used to know what to do when it hits me, but now I have no clue what to do at this point anymore. Please what medications have your loved ones tried. The only two that I can remember that I have tried are Zyprexa and the one that I am on now Geadon. And do any of your loved ones that struggle with schizophrenia struggle with memory loss as well.

Hi what I know from my recent researches schizophrenia doesn't have knowing cause but some kind of stress makes it come out. My girlfriend had her first episode when she was 24 years old she stay in the hospital 6 months what cause her break was her old fiance beat her up which made her have the episode. When he realize she is sick he left her. at that time I was talking to her for 4 years as a friend. Then even though I try to talk to her she didn't wanna talk to em.and didn't reply I learned later that she try to become suicide and drink cyanide. And one time try to jump from the 13th floor. She wasnt really talking to me and avoiding me. Then she start talking to someone else and she had her second break. She stay in the hospital 4 months. 26 years old then when she get out she never talk to that kid because he didn't visit her. Then I start talking to her she is very wise girl I liked her when I see her. Oh by the way are friendship was thru Skype. She was from russia I am from USA. But we talk four hours. We click since day one.last year we start talking everyday and I told her I wanna be with her. Last summer we went on vacation suspend 15 days together what I realize is she can't sleep. I realize something was wrong. She never tell me she was diagnosed with schizophrenia. She said nervous breakdown. She doesn't take pills.now she is in.russia I am in USA. Her ex bf try to rape her when she get out of the hospital in 2015 she tell me all these event, then this guy end of september shows up on the street while she was going home at late night hours. Since then her paranoa came back and she is acting very sad. I love her so much. I am.gonna support her no matter what. She functions very good when she is not stressed. She is in the hospital now pass 3 weeks I realize that she also has mania. Which I told her doctor. So I believe she is schizoaffective disorder. Because she talks 4 languages, very organized. She makes sense when she talk at all times, so I believe she gets the symptoms when she is under i intense stress and she is aware of her condition but side effect of the meds are making her guess again. She is 28 now and I am planing to get married with her so she can have better life with me she never use drugs. Drink maybe 1 bottle wine all her life eats healthy, I'm gonna stay by her side I can't leave someone that I love so much

My 15 year old daughter about 9 months ago came to me in tears and told me she thinks she is hearing voices. without all of the details up to current time she hasn't been diagnosed with it yet but she still hears the voices and thinks people can hear her thoughts. She gets paranoid and thinks people are talking about her. daily conversation and interaction with me, she is more rational than her older brother or sister and has never self-harmed. she is being homeschooled now because the bullying and meanness in the public schools makes her worse. The doctors are ok I like her therapist she probably does her more good than the medications have.It seems the medication for these types of mental illness have not been improved since the 70's so we are not putting much faith in them particularly since they seem to cause as many issues as they might solve. She is a zombie when she is taking the meds! I also know the United States is only interested in what makes a profit so I read and look at other countries methods of dealing with this disease(aside from China..smh). Anyway, I will work on making sure she has the absolute best life possible and will never give up trying to find things that will help her. I am always with her when I am not working and she trusts me enough that when I tell her her brother, sister, friends weren't saying bad things about her she believes me.

Dont give up

My Daughter was diagnosed with schizophrenia when she was 11 years but started with some depresive episodes at the age of 9 , I did all I can including best psychiatrists and medicine but I have noticed that direct contact with nature and animals is the best treatment, they really improve and feel better , I also noticed that they need more love

Personal experience speaks louder than your books, sorry. My husband has gotten worse through the years, not better. It's a sucky disease.

Please take a spelling class before it's too late.

You said it best. My mom has schizophrenia and it she is now 72. It has not gotten better. In fact, it has gotten worse. Even when she is on her meds, her symptoms are apparent. When she doesn't take her meds, her symptoms escalate significantly and without them she remains in psychosis until she gets receives medical intervention again. This happen once, in her 60s, when she was erroneous taken to jail instead of the mental hospital. She was kept there for 4 months without any medication and she remained psychotic the entire time. It got so bad that the department of mental health had to remove her from jail and transfer her to a mental health facility where she could be stabilized medically. So, I agree with you. Until one has cared for a schizophrenic person consistently, for years, they are not exactly qualified to tell a person who does, how this condition actually works.

What state is that in I know Massachusetts has the group housing

Most improvement with older schizophrenia patients is a result of their treatment... learning their triggers... learning calming techniques... and keeping stringently to a schedule. It doesn't "go away", it is like a dormant volcano and can erupt again.