hi im 34 and ive had panick attacks since i was 18 their taking over my life i really want to be able to drive again but everytime i get behind the wheel i feel im going to crash and get really scared my panic gets really bad i have not recieved help or had information,i am hoping by wrighting this someone can give me advice as all i keep hearing is people saying how can you be scared of straight roads while in car all i know is as soon as im in car the niggles begin then lead to full panic attack if anyone can help id appreaciate the advice as i really want my life and freedom back.

I feel the same way. Maybe we can contact eachother to help one another. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

honey dont be scared im going through it too 

This has been happening to me for the last few months! evolving and getting worse! Now I cant even get in my car to drive. Thanks for the no coffee suggest.

I've been looking to see if someone had the same experiences me I took 25 milligrams of Sertraline which is generic for Zoloft for two months I woke up with panic attacks and I winged myself off. I have worse panic attacks and anxiety Then I have had in the past. I was so joyful and happy and fun. I would take my kids everywhere but it has been so difficult after taking and being off Zoloft. On it i qas actually super depressed. Im not that kind of person. Mu nurse practitioner had put me on Sertraline because she did not want me taking any benzo at all. I was taking Lorazepam which is generic for Ativan just for my physicals because I don't like needles and blood. I used to drive and take my kids everywhere and have alot of fun now after being on Sertraline and off of it I think the withdrawals ruined my life cuz I cannot drive a car anymore without having severe panic attacks feel like I can't breathe and I just break down crying. this morning I just walked my kids to school and I felt like I was going to pass out I needed to run home and tried to control my breathing. I don't know why the nurse practitioners and even some doctors don't do more tests to find out the perfect drugs for our blood. everybody's different some people Sertraline works for and some people it destroys their life and I think it's super important for the doctors to know and be aware because our lives are in their hands and it affects our family.
My husband has be gone for weeks and possibly 9 months. At leasts my in laws are pretty close but its not the same as my own parents who are in west coast and i in the east coast.
I am soooo sorry you are goin through this. Hopefully we dind the answer to get rid of anxiety and panic attacks so we can actually drive a car and not have to rely on our spouse