I have very dry skin and spend much time treating it with lotions and moisturizers. That is my big problem. Especially skin on my feet, which is very dry and very ugly. Skin on my heels is very thick and dark, like dirty. I use foot creams every evening, but effect is short termed. Any advice would be appreciated.

You should make a bath for your feet, with several drops of lavender oil and place your feet in warm water for at least 30 minutes. Then to scrub excessive tissue from heels with peeling and after that to apply moisturizing cream for foot. Creams based on urea are excellent for very dry skin; you need one with at least 20% of urea. Do this 2-3 times per week. Have foot massage, apply a lot of cream, boost you circulation and blood supply, because it is important for skin nutrition.