I had a total hip replacement 18 days ago. I did great the 1st week with therapy and  walking with a walker. The 8th day my leg began to swell and excessive drainage,also area was warm to touch. I now could only do some of the exercises. Any time I tried to lift or bend leg up I have severe pain in the thigh area. I now have drainage at one small spot at incision almost stopped. Overall swelling has gone but I still have areas on thigh that are hard and tight, that you can feel when you rub the area on your thigh. Pain is still severe when trying to lift or bend leg and warm to touch. 04/17/2014

I am 52 female whi fell and broke my leg hip and had a total hip replacement. That was on May 2014 and I did so well the first few Months. Now I cannot stand the pain in my thigh and buttocks in the location of the scar. I don't know what to do. Ortho doctor isn't douanything