Hi, my children are hooked on fast food snacks. They can not get enough of potato chips and chocolate bars. It does not matter how much I talk about how unhealthy these products are. The problem is that I don't have alternative healthier snacks to offer them instead. That is way I would appreciate some help with this issue. Can you give me some tips about vegetarian snacks that you think would be good for my children?

Hi, you are absolutely right about the damage that fast food snacks can do to your children’s health. I was in the similar situation, but I managed to change their habits. First of all, children learn more from actions than words, so if you want them to stop eating junk food you will have to stop eating it as well. Believe me, this may be harder than you think. When I was getting off chocolate bars, there were moments when I thought that I would give the world for one. I found out that the healthiest vegetarian snacks that you can offer to your children are fruits. Always have at least one bowl of fruits on the table. Another great thing that you can do to make this transition easier for all of you is not to take your children when you go shopping. This way you will avoid them pressuring you to buy their favorite snacks. The children will object at first but in time, when they see how much better they feel, they will settle down.

ditto on fruits being out on the table where they're easy to grab...

baby carrots are great too