I've had a terrible problem with an ecoli type infection in my hip replacement of Feb. 26th, 2009. After having a second surgery to "clean up" the hip, I eventually had the hip removed for six weeks, then replaced. I was on IV antibiotics most of the past year. My GP doctor said she had three other patients who went through the same thing this past year ..all patients of different surgeons and hospitals. Do you know of any problems where the prothesis could have been compromised in the factory or elsewhere? ?

I am having same trouble with my MOM. In fact we are in middle of reatment but scared that the source of the problem was prothesis.

Thanks,
Abhay

My brother is having major problems with infections, now E Coli after hip replacement surgery. He is having his 3rd clean up infection surgery. Taking the new hip out now. Any one out there know about this? I am so worried his infection is so bad.....

My other contracted e-coli following a partial hip replacement. She underwent 2 surgeries to clear the infection along with 2 powerful IV antibiotics. The hip replacement took place on April 7, 2014. The e-coli diagnosis was on or about April 21, 2014. Her death occurred on June 11, 2014. I had the same surgery on May 20, 2014 and contracted C Def approximately 2 weeks later. Is there something taking place during the surgery causing these infections?