I am a 16 year old female. I have had a lymph node swollen behind my left year for a year. when i first found it, it was tender. I can move it between two fingers, and it is hard, and painless now. I had seen my pediatrician about it, and he said it was a swollen lymph node and i had no reason to worry. is he right? it is fairly large, like nickel sized. im scare of it being lymphoma. opinions!! help!!!

Hello Beccaamarieftw,

Swollen lymph nodes are not uncommon and many people have them for their entire lives.  So at the moment there is no reason to be worried.  You might want to keep an eye on it from time to time to see that no changes have occured.  Like becoming larger or tender in some way.  You doctor was right to tell you not to worry and after all doctor knows best usually.  I was wondering if you can recall when it formed and did you have any particular kind of illness at the time.  That would be interesting to know.   You probably didn't notice it right away.