It literally happens no matter who they are and the distance they are and I just don't understand it. I am asexual and am completely fine with polygamous relationships so I don't see how it can be related to those and my 'moodiness' is only ever aimed at them.

Is this something anybody else has ever experienced? 

I can't say that I have experienced this all the time every time, but it does happen, sooner or later in most relationships and there are factors like your age, previous experiences and the other person, that can make this "cooling off" happen sooner. But, you say that it happens to you in every relationship - that still means that you do have some needs and feelings since you are getting into a relationship, in the first place? Asexual people don't have even that need at all, so, could you give some more details on how this happens, from your perspective?