I'm so embarrassed but I'm a 15 year old girl with excessive body hair just about everywhere. I went to my gynecologist and she says I have polycystic ovarian syndrome which causes it. She put me on birth control yo balance out my hormones but will this make it go all away? I don't expect to lose leg hair or arm hair because every girl has that but will the hair in the not so normal places go away? I really can't afford laser hair removal, and it's very embarrassing. I've tried shaving, waxing, and tweezing but it grows back the same every time. It's make my self esteem diminish and I'm so nervous that someone will notice so I'm very distant from people. I hate myself :( will it go away?

By in normal places are you referring to your breasts stomach, neck (the area under your chin and straight down only), and possibly over your upper lip? If so, since the birthcontrol helps ballence the hormones it will slow the growth of the rapidly growing hair, I can not say that it will completly get rid of the hair, trust me, my aunt has the syndrome and I am going to get tested for it, I hope I helped.

16 yr. Old with excess hair on breasts, stomach, chest, back, and but. Not super dark but noticeable. Totally embarrassing, don't feel normal. Will drugs and treatments help? What should i do?