Hi. I'm 14 1/2 and I started growing hairs around my nipples a few months ago. There's a complete circle on the left breast and nearly on the right. There are 46 hairs on the left and 29 on the right. They are dark and thick and some are quite long. I tried to pluck them out but it hurts. I am still developing. Will there be more? I'm the only girl in my class who has this. I don't want to look like an ape. the

Hi Cindy,

See your doctor.

It may indicate a hormone problem.  They can run a simple blood test to determine why you are "hairy."

Good luck.

Hello, Cindy! Yes, it certainly is hormones, but there is not necessarily something wrong with them. It depends also on how you develop generally speaking. But if everything else is normal, it may just be that you'll have a few extra hairs. Anyway, you'll certainly not end up like an ape!! :) I am the same. I got my first hairs around my areolas during puberty, but I was younger than you, 12, maybe 13, but the major part grew at the end, when I was about your age, when I also grew most of my pubic hair. It hasn't changed I believe since then, except when I was pregnant. I've got a complete circle on each side and just like you more hairs on the left breast. I plucked them out at the beginning, but after a few years I let them grow. I counted them for you: more or less 120 left, 70 right, but my areolas are really large so it's not as bad as it may sound to you :). 

Kate! Thanks for answering, but I'm scared now. 120!! I mean I'm in the midst of my puberty only and my pubic hair is only beginning to spread so I'm afraid that there will be a lot more and my areolas are small and will probably stay so. :(

Hi Cindy. I think Kate's right: you'll have some more hair, but nothing in the way of an ape!! You'll probably grow hair around or below your navel also. Both usually go together... Good luck!

I was same. Only girl in my class to have hairs around the nipples. It started when I was 13. They were long and dark. I had them removed by laser a few years ago, also below the navel. You can always do that if it gets bad. But 46 and 29 doesn't seem that bad to me. You'll be fine.

Hi girls. Can anyone of you  not scare the sh*t out of me please!! I don't want hairs around my navel and I don't want to read that I can have up to 120 around my nipples!! I(ve got very small nipples and they are already surrounded by hair. And you tell me it will get worse a lot worse. thanks!! Is there anyone out there who knows how to stop the hairs from growing. Since I wrote last time I've got one hair growing between my breasts also!!! HELP!

Sorry Cindy, it was only that I have your condition myself and I passed it to our daughter. I'm 54 today and I've survived nipple and navel hair, she's 22 and only learning to deal with it. I suppose laser removal would be a possibility. Daughter has hairs all around her nipples but they only show when she wears low-cut bras. In a bikini they stay mostly inside. As for the navel she's got a trail from her pubic hair upwards which broadens below the navel. I don't think it's very bad, but she insists on plucking them out. But both of us don't have hairs between our breasts, so maybe your case will be worse, but it's only hair honey. 

Are u kidding! They show! Youre so not helping me here! I could cry.

Cindy, hi. Sorry, but I can only confirm what you were told. If at your age pubic hair is only beginning to grow, you're kind of a late bloomer for that but if at the same time you've got hair around the areolas and between your breasts, you should be prepared to become quite hairy. I grew pubic hair form the age of 9 on, and breast hair started a year later. Both finished growing when I was 16. Unlike you I have large areolas and quite some hair!

This is a nightmare! Pubic hair is spreading fast but the rest also. New hairs everywhere: all in all it's 3 below my navel, 14 between my breasts, 61 around the left areola, 31 around the right, also the left areola is getting larger and puffy. Im frightened, I'm growing asymetrical breasts in addition to the hair and the rest. The right breast didn't really change over the past months but the left one has a real thick circle of hair. Help!

Hi, Cindy. I told you so, you will grow more. Now, a circle of hair around the areola is not the end of the world. Also, if your left areola is developing, so will probably your right one. You might be in for larger areola than you thought. Keep posted! Good luck!

Keeping posted. I'm losing all hope. This is anightmare. My breasts are still different. Right areola got puffy and larger also but left one grows still bigger, also left breast is bigger. Hair is growing with areola. Ive got 25 hairs between my breasts but I'm really growing circles around my areolas and a trail from navel to pubic hair. It's 58 around my right areola and more than 100 on the left. Another girl in my class started growing some but nothing as I have. Help

Hi Cindy. Keep your mind up, this is nothing you could not deal with when you're through puberty and see how bad it really got. You can still have your hair removed. As for the breast-size, if your right one is developing also, it will probably catch up with your left one. Often one grows earlier and faster than the other but if you had a puffy areola first left and now also right all indicates that they will end up more or less symmetrical (no one has absolutely symmetrical breasts). But you should be prepared for some hair I'm afraid, if you really grow hair also between your breasts, your chest will probably end up more or less hairy like a guy's.

Cindy, no worry (or at least not too much!). Your breast will in the end be more or less symetrical. Mine grew very differently too, but then the smaller one caught up. You will get the hair removed. Our daughter is about your age and started growing hairs around her areolas too and I can tell you she's as freaking out as you are. But she knows we support her and that she will have laser treatment at the end of puberty. Best. Laurie