Hi! My daughter is 11 years old. I didn’t yet explain her about menstruation. I get period when I was twelve years old. I think that I need to explain her about menstruation. She needs to know, but I don’t know how to explain her about that. Do you have any suggestions, please?

Hi! You shouldn’t wait any more to talk about menstruation with your daughter. If you wait until your daughter gets her period to talk to her about menstruation, that's too late. You should avoid "The Talk" about menstruation. You should talk first about human body. Kids can often make certain aspects of menstruation (bad and scary). You should talk about menstruation in a positive light. You should explain her that monthly periods are a natural and wonderful part of being a woman. Your daughter need to be familiar with feminine-hygiene supplies (sanitary pads and tampons). You should learn more about menstruation. You will be able to answer to all her questions.

eventually shell find out by her friends if one of her friends get it theyll tell her about it but depending on teh type of friend they might be like omg u dont know what that means lol ... my mom never told me but my sister in law told me when i was 9 and thank god she did cause if i didnt know i wud be runing around screaming omg im bleeding and i got mines in school so yeah :$ ... think its best u start out talking about body parts and boys and wat menstration does and how baby are made and stuff like that ... good luck

Hey, I just got my period and I am a bit sad. Could you tell me how you handled your first period? :'(

I have to ask why that is making you feel sad? You should be happy that you are growing up and turning into a woman!!

Hi,how old are you?I don't know if I wil be of much help,I am only 13,but then again I was desprate for any kind of help.I started my period when I was 12,in the start of this year.Some people think that is early,but I knew all my friends had gotten theirs in the 4th & 5th grade allready.The only things I had heard about periods was at school and from my friends,my mum didn't tell me about it until I got my period.But the 1st one is always the hardest!after you have told your mum and she buys your ''stuff'' for you,after a few days everything goes back to normal.Trust me it does. :) Hope I've been of help!