I have had cronic neck pain since the surgery and lately I've been getting small bumps under my skin that my chiropractor says feel like internal stitches that have come out.

Is if just me or have other's had these things happen, and if so, what did you do about it?

I had the Lifestyle Lift done in January of 2007. It is now mid-June. I still have pain in the side of my face (both sides) and little bumps on my neck and my face. I would think the soreness would be gone by now. This concerns me.

Does anyone else have this problem?

My experience with LL was totally traumatic. I was in mid-surgery, and wanted to yell, STOP--something just didn't seem right, but the surgeon had already started cutting. I did not find out until MONTHS AFTER surgery that I had a surgeon who was just LEARNING, and I had only consented to having a board-certified surgeon, so I was flat-out lied to. During my follow-up, which was negligent in my opinion, I had somebody sick working on open wounds when I came in with a problem!! They ignored the complaints I had about serious problems, and I was actually left with one ear lobe hanging. At first, I was asked, Do you want it attached, or just leave it like that? WHAT???? I said OF COURSE I wanted it fixed but I have been unable to get them to fix it and it has been over 2 years! Not only that, I have had continuous pain the whole time behind both ears, other problems they have refused to address, both right after surgery, and as time has gone on. I would love to find somebody who is filing a class-action lawsuit. They are definitely in need of some accountability. You can believe me, nobody they've used in their ads had a 1-hr procedure. I was in there for 6 HOURS! My recovery as far as bruising was about 2 MONTHS--not 2 days, like they say, and full recovery has never happened, as I am STILL having active problems. The pain was unreal, and I still have pain behind my ears. This only scratches the surface--I had a list of about 20 problems, none of which they were willing to do anything about, and the list didn't even include one of my worst problems, which a different doctor actually informed me of.

To add insult to injury, their "special financing" ended up costing me an EXTRA $1,500 because they screwed it up. Wonder whose pockets that went into. At least other people are getting there intial fees back--in the Denver, CO clinic, I was told flat-out, no refund.

They have no REAL compassion (but are good at pretending), no REAL personal attention, treat you like a piece of meat on assembly line,--including EXTREMELY high-pressure sales tactics--and horrible post-surgery care. One doctor I consulted with, after finally getting to meet with the clinic director about my problems, actually confided in me that she was quitting because of their assembly-line and high-pressure approach. She told ME before she had even given notice! They are absolutely disgusting! DON'T DON'T DON'T GO THERE--FIND SOME OTHER MORE REPUTABLE PLACE!!!!!!

And if you've already gone, and had a bad experience, GET THE WORD OUT! I'm going to contact every consumer protection venue I can think of--BBB, the TV reporters that cover this kind of stuff, etc. I even want to find out the "picketing" laws and see if I can drive away some of their business, or go into the lounge and talk to everyone until they throw me out!

My doctor mutilated me, had no interest in even the routine after-care that should be provided to EVERY patient, and was even worse about dealing with the problems I had. He just did NOT want to be bothered. After all, their money was already made, right? So anything other than the actual surgery is a "waste of time," i.e. not profitable.

I went in because I wanted to increase my ability to find work because I deal constantly with age discrimination. How do we contact each other? We need a class-action lawsuit. THESE LYING, AVARICIOUS, GREEDY, INCOMPETENT BUTCHERS NEED TO BE STOPPED!!

I too, had a horrible experience! Both sides of my face became infected. I had the surgery Dec 11, 2008. I am still healing with no help from my surgeon. The follow-up care was minimal. A quick look at my face and told each time to come back in a month. Finally in April, I told my doctor there is something wrong. Shouldn't I be on antibiotics? Gee, he agreed. It was the first and only time he prescribed anything. I ended up in the ER where I spent 3 hours hooked to an IV with antibiotics. This is just an assembly line! No compassion of the pain and suffering I have been through. Not an ounce of empathy! I am doing hyperbaric chamber treatments which combined with the ER bill has become very pricey! Should have spent the money to go to a reputeable surgeon. The hyperbaric chamber sessions have been amazing. I encourage anyone to go! Of course the doctor is unwilling to help in the cost of my care. I was told I could get an attorney and sue him and I won't get a penny. He actually threatened to discontinue treating me. I will not return to the San Diego center. I feel they could care less and will be happy to be rid of me! So sad! Don't go!!!!!

I, too, had a horrible, horrible, horrible experience at the Atlanta location. :-( There were no professionals, and the doctors were taking orders from the sales staff! There were so many breaches of the medical standard of care, it pains me now to recount them. I too ended up in an emergency room because the lower staff refused to contact the doctor of my medical emergency following the procedure. I need to research the statute of limitations for filing a medical malpractice suit in the state of Georgia. It is unbelievable that such an operation continues to exist and injure so many women for the love of money....... and no one public or private takes them on. Anyone considering this group should pass. And I mean with a quickness!

Your story sounds much like mine. Also in the Atlanta location. I was NOT impressed by any of the "Medical Knowledge" they possess. Please contact me privately if you would like more information on what can be done to get some help! ;-)

BTW, you have 2 years to file a lawsuit against a medical professional in GA. Good Luck with that.

Quote:

To dtitunik who states that:I have had cronic neck pain since the surgery and lately I've been getting small bumps under my skin that my chiropractor says feel like internal stitches that have come out.

Please go and have this condition seen about. If you have neck pain, that is one area for your chiropractor, can hlep you with, but the bumps coming up under the skin needs to be addressed by a MD.

The Atlanta crew was amazingly unprofesssional. and negligent in everything they did. I cannot believe, in light of so many, many complaints, these people are continuing to "legally" mutilate and abuse. Perhaps a steady flow of complaints to the Georgia medical licensing board may get attention???

Where are your bumps?

Mine are beneath my earlobes /neck area.

Many posts on, maybe they can help.

I have severe pain& tightening to the point that it feels someone is ripping my ears off barehanded! Everyday......That was 3 yrs ago I had it done& how long this has been going on. My bumps, behind my ears were the stitches coming up. I used alot of creme cause the bumps got crusty& that got better, but they are still there. I also have alot of numbness in my earlobes& along my face from the top of my ears to the bottom. What did you have done?

It's been 3.5 yrs for me & I am always hurting behind my ears,front& the earlobes, plus they are still numb. Nerve damage.Some doctors on Realself explain why this still is happening.You have to go to the section where the dr's answer- on the top.
Good Luck.
Ice packs help me for awile.

My mom had the procedure done in Charlutte NC and now has a missing earlobe. when she went to have her stitches remoced the took a hunk of skin with the stitches a week later she had to go bad and have it closed up. LSL is nothing but a meeat market and something needs to be done. I have been reading the stories on here and other sites and find it appauling that they remain in business.

In reply to number 68, I would love to contact you personally, could you please send your contact info to my email provided. I had my surgery on the 12th of December, 2008, have had nothing but problems since. Would like hear from someone else experiencing the same. Something has to be done to help those of us who are suffering and unsatisfied.

I perform the full range of face and neck lifting techniques. It is concerning that you have pain and bumps which are not typically seen with any facelifting technique. You should be properly evaluated by a qualified and experienced Facial Cosmetic Surgeon to determine the causes of your problem.