Hello. I'm 45 year old female and I would like to get some information about some aspects of face reconstruction.
You see, for always I have controlled my weight and never had a pound of extra weight. So, I was pretty satisfied with the way I look.
But I wish I could say this now. Years did what they usually do.
I have got some extra fat on my face and I would like to get rid of it. When I get up in the morning I look like a bulldog. Good friend told me that I could schedule for some cheek liposuction and my problems with be solved. But I have heard also that some buccal fat removal operation is maybe the best operation of this kind. What should I choose?

I see that you don’t know a lot about this. You should know that the operations you’ve mentioned are two completely different operations.
Let’s start with the first- facial liposuction. Facial liposuction or sub-mental liposuction is the removal of fat from under the chin through either an intra-oral incision or an extra-oral incision. So, the target part of the face is region under your chin.
On the other hand, buccal fat extraction- is the procedure to remove the fat pads that augment the lower cheeks, so the target area is your cheek. I don’t know anything about your present look so I can't tell you are you a candidate for buccal fat extraction and facial liposuction. It is up to you to decide or you should better talk with some specialist.
Good luck!

bungard wrote:

hello bungueard!
can i ask a question...you seem to know a lot about facial procedures..
i had some fat removed from my upper lip in the area just below my nose.
it has been about 2 months but i have had this constant swelling and numbness and the area is more swollen than before surgery...
is this normal?
will the swelling go away?
when?
thanxxx
Reloaded

Guest wrote:

bungard wrote:

hello bungueard!
is this normal?
will the swelling go away?
when?
thanxxx
Reloaded

Hi there! My best friend had lip reduction three weeks ago. Everything went well with the surgery and she was applying a lot of ice to reduce the swelling and bruising but three weeks after, the initial swelling is gone but just like you are reporting it is still swollen and you can’t really say that she had it done. She is devastated and believes that the procedure failed, however, I have been reading that she won’t be able to see results in maybe even a few months time. It is said that it make take up to three months to notice the reduction and for the swelling to go down all the way.
She has been feeling slight burning sensations and is really worried over this and I don’t know how to calm her down because all of these reaction seem to be normal in the first 3 months following the lip reduction.

She made another appointment with her surgeon next week to see if everything’s fine.

I am also interested in having fat removed from my face. However, the area I would like fat removed from is my upper cheeks, which are made especially round when I smile. Most facial fat removal sights only refer to buccal fat extraction (lower cheeks) and facial liposuction (under neck), why do they never mention the area that I have identified as I believe fat can be removed from this area also by liposuction?

I see you're not exactly correct about the information you're giving this guy. You can get facial liposuction for the cheek area. However, it is not recommended because there is a chance of your face not being even with the removal of fat. I went to a doctor in Beverly hills, and he did my surgery. I have always been really small, but had chubby cheeks and a round face. I had facial liposuction done, and within about a month, I started to see the results. I love it!

Awesome question, I have wondered this myself. Typically people don't have any solution in that realm because most facial plastic surgeons can't think outside the box and actually do something outside of the standard procedures. Your best bet is to talk to as many surgeons as you can until you find a conservative one who also understands that not all faces are alike and can taylor micro-liposuction to your upper cheeks, not your lower ones.

Which doctor did you go to for your procedure?

i think you did not need to do anything...be happy..

who was the surgeon that performed this on you? I am looking for a doctor for the exact same procedure in beverly hills. thanks!