Hello! I’ve scheduled colonoscopy in few days. It is that I visited my doc for some problems I have with my bowel movements and rectal bleeding and I finished with scheduled colonoscopy. Is there anyone to tell me what colonoscopy is and does it means I have a cancer.

No, it doesn’t mean you have colon cancer. I’m 40 and I once had a colonoscopy done and plan to do it again in about 10 years or so for I have four cases of colon cancer in my family that tells me something about genetic as a risk factor of getting colon cancer one day. So what I did was scheduled colonoscopy just to prevent eventual polyps to turn into cancer. My colonoscopy showed I have no polyps on the walls of my colon so I’ll be tranquil within next ten years in which period polyps may occur and get a form of a cancer. So I don’t want to take that risk and that’s why I take colonoscopy as a preventive. Look at it as a screening test which it is actually. So colonoscopy is a procedure that examines your colon that is your entire large intestine just to see if there is some inflamed tissue or maybe some polyps or abnormal growths that may be removed in the same time while colonoscopy. So with those symptoms you have it’s a good thing having scheduled colonoscopy. You might think it is painful exam but in fact it’s not that painful at all, you’ll take some pain medication and some sedatives to get relaxed and it lasts about 30 or 60 minutes.

I HAD A COLONOSCOPY yesterday and feel fine ( a bit windy) I had annasectic and had no pain at all during the colonoscopy. The doctor and the nurses were lovely , kept talking to me throughout and asking if I was ok.I had polyps removed but did not feel them being removed. Fingers crossed now for results. Good luck