I have a friend who finished now in gastroenterology part of hospital because of polyps. He has problem with colon polyps, and I had no idea when this started. Just one day his sister told me he is gastroenterology patient. Now I would like to hear more about colon polyps, because I want to understand his problem. Can you tell me anything about gastroenterology polyps, because I would appreciate any info?

Colon polyps are common problem and can eventually account for the second leading cause of cancer for men after lung caner. New research out of a major radiology meeting shows that virtual colonoscopy is highly effective for finding colon polyps. This is important because there are some polyps, which can become cancerous. Virtual colonoscopy is desirable because there is no risk of bleeding or colon perforation. What is also important, intravenous sedation is unnecessary in this type of gastroenterology procedure. The procedure for discovering colon polyps is less costly than conventional colonoscopy. Moreover, it is more convenient, taking 15 minutes or less. With all the high tech procedures and innovative treatments, aspirin has shown as good for gastroenterology problems. Colon cancer is one of the things aspirin has been shown to help prevent, especially in patients who have already had a tumor or polyp.