Hi, I am addicted to marijuana, and I really need support from my family. However, they have no understanding, but only disappointment and anger. What should I do? I can’t quit without their support.

Of course, you can! Isn’t this the best motivation for quitting you can get? People who keep consummating drugs with no attention to stop, usually don’t realize what they’re about to lose. But you realized that! You’re about to lose your family, the most precious thing you have. Isn’t that the strongest motivation for you to quit? You are lucky that marijuana doesn’t create such a strong addiction like some other drugs. If people manage to quit heroin, painkillers and other stuff, you’ll also be able to quit marijuana. It will not be easy, on the contrary, but you have no choice if you want to continue with a normal, healthy life.

Hi kaja, mcmiller is absolutely right. In order to quit any addiction, the most important thing is to have a realization within ones own self about what harm these things can bring. And it’s great on your part that you realize that this addiction can cost your family. Well, though at this stage your family doesn’t seem to be by your side, but I’m sure once they see the urge in you, to get rid of this addiction, they will start giving support instead of showing disappointment and anger. So, don’t lose my friend, go out and talk to the ones who you thing can help you. Or you can do one thing; you can go for rehab programs. I’m sure you will feel much better then. Just let me know if you have any more queries about these rehab programs. I’ll surely help you. Good luck!