hi, i'm a 19 yr old female. i have perfect eye vision but out of nowhere i will have a problem with my left eye. i'll be doing my normal activities when all of a sudden i'll get dizzy and my left eye slowly starts seeing black. for a couple of seconds i can't see anything with my left eye. it's like nothing but black slowly starts covering my eye from left to right. my right eye doesn't see black at all but i still can't see anything because of how dizzy i get. it really freaks me out because it happens out of nowhere. i'm scared to drive and have that happen. i went to a doctor for something different. i got a CT scan done because i had hit my head but he doubts its from that because the xray came out good. he wants me to go to an optometrist to get it checked. if anybody has any idea or advice please let me know. thanks

It sounds as though you may have had a stroke that spontaneously resolved by itself. This is also known as transient ischemic attack (TIA) . It is a good idea not to drive until the cause is found. Your optometrist may be able to tell you something.

I'm not entirely sure what it was that you had although I would also guess it could ahve been a migraine, which can case temporary blindiness in one or both eyes like that. Does that sound like a possible cause?