How accurate are these? I took a test 9 days after unprotected sex (4 days before what I think was my period) and then another 16 days after unprotected sex (1 day after what I think was my period). Would this have given me a definate answer or was it too soon? I am wanting to trust it but since I had what I thought was my period, I have had a really bad bloating and wind which isn't normal. I am taking the BCP by the way, I took one 17 hours late a week before unprotected sex.

Its 31 days since unprotected sex now, would another pregnancy test give me a definate answer

Would be nice to hear what anyone thinks.

HPT's are sensitve to the amount of HCG or pregnancy hormone displayed in a urine sample. The more early a pregnancy the less likely a HPT will pick up the hormone. Most tests state that they are accurate a the day after an expected period, it depends on the test and what it claims. First response should be one of the ones that states to detect pregnancy a day after.
The first test you took was too early, however, the second was after what you expected to be your period. In your wording I can not get enough information. Was it a normal period, or was it light, spotty etc...? If it was a normal type period and you tested it is very unlikely that you are pregnant.
You may wish to wait until your next cycle to test again, test now or get a blood test if you feel unsure. Hope this helps.

If it has been 31 days since the unprotected sex a result should be accurate by now.

The bleeding that I had seemed to me to be a normal period. I bled constantly from 28 July until 31 July. The flow semt normal to me but I've read that many different stories that women can have their period when preganant, that I am still worried. The bleeding was not light and it was not spotting and it was very red like a normal period. I have been to the doctor and he explained to me that some women think they have He said if I have bled for 4 days straight and the flow was the same as usual then I have nothing to worry about as I have menstrated. I'm just not convinced thats all, because I have been really bloated since my last period, my stomach's been goin up and down, up and down, its driving me crazy. I've also just been feeling generally c**p and the odd times I've felt a bit sicky. Like I said I took a First Response pregnancy test the day after my period ended and it came out negative. I just wanted to be reasurred that this may be correct.

Thank you so much for replying.