I got follioculitis on my legs. It looks like acne pimples and it is very ugly. I don’t dare to wear a skirt. I don’t know how I got it and how to treat it. My best friend told me that I am having folliculitis. She knows because she has chronic folliculitis. My skin is so sensitive and I am not sure which treatment is best for me.

You should know that folliculitis is the infection of hair follicles. It is often on legs of women, but it can occur in any areas of shaving, waxing, hair plucking or friction. You may feel some itch, soreness too. It is usually caused by some germs. You can treat it with some oral antibiotics, lotions and creams. Since your skin is sensitive you shouldn’t use lotions based on aluminum chlorhydrate solution, or Benzaclin gel. Do not rub; avoid Lycra workout clothes and tight fitting rough fabrics, like blue jeans. Resistant cases, especially on the legs may clear with hair removal laser treatments. This may be expensive and require several treatments, but is helpful when other treatments fail.