Hello! I am starting to get worried with my penis. I am 13, and I know I am not fully into puberty. I can't cum yet. I have some pubes, and I am about 4inches while hard. I am also uncut. So, I know that by this age, I should be able to get my foreskin back behind the glans if I wanted too, except my foreskin is attached to the glans of my penis. It is not attached by the frenelum, it is attached by the synechia. From reading, I have learned that this should be dissolved at a young age. But it is still there. Even with my foreskin still attached, I can pull my foreskin back about halfway the length of the glans. When will my synechia dissolve? The synechia is almost connected all the way around my glans, except for a small gap which is about 1 cm long. I pull back every time I shower, and I also masturbate at an average of 2-4 times a day. I am really worried about getting circumsized. Please help! Should my synechia be dissolved by now? What are some ways I can hurry the process?

Hi guest,

Actually, most 16 year olds have trouble pulling back their foreskin.  You'll find lots of posts on these boards about "stretching."

I can't tell you if it is the synechia or not.  If so, it should separate on its own by doing what you're doing.  I would ask your GP about it.  Someone needs to take a look at it to see what is going on.

Again, it is normal for you not to be able to pull back your foreskin fully now.

Don't assume that you'll need a circumcision.  Get it checked first.

Hope it helps.

I am sort of reluctant to go the doctor about this. What if I left it be? If it was still on by say, 16 would it be a major problem?

hey there,

Synechia is a condition invoulving attachment of the iris ot the lens of the eye so im not sure what you are trying to refere to. and its hard to say without seing a pic that resembles  what you are describing. What you may have is a very common condition for teenage boys called phimosis. there are verying degrees of it and it can usually be fixed by streatching exercises, steroidal cream, or a combination of the two. rarly a surgical procedure where the end of the foreskin is cut so it can streatch all the way around the penis.  i have attached a link showing 4 different types of phiosis. its a diagram not actual pictured but tell me which one most resembles your penis. Another picture you may want to search for are called penile adhesions. you may also have an adheasion. they come in all shapes and sizes but most commonly occur from circumsizion where the cut foreskin reattaches to the glans.

the skin on your penis is attached to the glans when you are born and yes it usually breaks down and allows you to retract your foreskin but sometimes it needs a little help doing it. thats where the streatching exercises come into play at.

can you retract your foreskin at all while flaccid (not eret) or semi erect?

Thanks

WHEN YOU WROW, (about 18 y.o.) your problem end.

If you want more information write me please:

.....EDITED BY MODORATOR.....PRIVATE EMAIL ADRESSES ARE NOT ALLOWED....PLEASE SEE TERMS OF USE....

i can retract it the same amount flaccid as i can erect. it there is no tightnes when pulling back until i go too far and the skin bridge connect my forskin to my glans gets in thhe way. i can retract it about 2 cm from the tip.
of the penis

Major, I was never cut, so it isn't a penile adhesion after circumcision.  But, my foreskin IS adhered. A thin white piece of skin is attaching my foreskin to my glans. And, after reading for a bit on the internet, people called it the "synechia". And sorry for the lack of grammar and spelling in the last reply. My phone was being stupid.

Synechia is the correct term, it does apply to the eye as well, and it should separate on its own.

Only you can tell if it's a problem. If it's uncomfortable then get it checked by your doctor when you are ready.

Keep doing what you are doing. It should help it separately on it's own.

thanks for clarifying dan... i have only heard of synechia pertaining to the eye.... after doing some research i also found it can pertain to the foreskin and labia as well...

but regardless i agree some peoples breakdown quicker than others and it is very common for kids your age to still have part of the foreskin attached. with GENTAL traction (streatching) it should separate. make sure you clean under your foreskin as good as possible to remove built up smegma, dead skin cells and old semen.....

See a doctor; maybe a urologist. Get a second opinion. You don't need to do anything right away. Plenty of time to think and study. You may never need to do anything. Don't be embarrassed. A compassionate doctor has heard all kinds of health trouble from people. Just go in and talk like you were explaining a math, problem, or any dumb thing at all.

It is normal at age 13 for you not to be able to fully retract.

The synechial membrane usually disolve before 13 but may persist to age 18 at the latest at which your foreskin should fully retract.

I am 16 and can not retract my foreskin almost at all, when i pull it back a circular opening appears with a diameter of 1/2 an inch, after searching web worryingly (as you probably did) i stretched and still first few days bit i think its working, i think atleast dont circumcise (Your main worry probably showing a girl, a naturally tight Forskin is easier to explain..)

Hi Guest:

To retract the foreskin, one must grab the foreskin on the shaft and pull it rearward. If the foreskin will not retract then you must consider leaving it as it is or doing stretching exercises.

It is not necessary to have a foreskin that will retract. Some men live their entire lives with a non-retractable foreskin. They can masturbate, have penetrative sex, get married, and father children with a foreskin that does not retract. Some believe that a penis with a non-retractile foreskin has more sensation and that sex is better. You just need to see that your partner is well lubricated before you attempt penetration. You may need to add some personal lubricant if she does not lubricate.

It depends on just how tight your foreskin is. If it is really narrow and absolutely won't retract, then you can have penetrative sex without pain. On the other hand, if it just a little bit tight, then it is likely to be forced back during sex and that will hurt because it is tight.

Almost all boys are born with a foreskin that does not retract. This is normal. It takes years for the ability to retract to develop. About ½ of boys have a retractable foreskin by 10.4 years of age. Many adolescents still have foreskins that have tips that are too narrow to pass back over the penis head. These foreskins may be gently stretched over a period of time to cause them to widen.

It is normal for teens to have a foreskin that does not retract. One’s foreskin is still developing. One can help it develop by stretching it. The goal is to have a foreskin that glides smoothly back and forth so as to provide maximum pleasure.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction. Do NOT cause yourself pain.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands but it takes some time. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and give mitosis time to work.

The important thing is to put the skin under tension every day so that it will grow wider.

Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information and support you need.