YES!!! I had this exact problem. I was SHOCKED to see that it was indeed a lost tampon from my Cancun trip a month earlier! I watched lots of you tubes and self help videos online. I realized that this is very common and that I wasn't alone. Then I took a deep breathe and told myself "you can do this". I washed my hands well in shower, squatted and pushed like I was having a child and POOF- I was able to feel it (it felt like one with my vagina) and I grasped hold of what I thought was the string and pulled out this putrid, foul smelling offending tampon. I was instantly relieved. (Sounds silly but through this exploratory experience I actually found my cervix for the very first time) Now I have to just bathe as normal, wait a few days and the smell will completely dissipate naturally. Never douche' it is very bad for your PH balance and actually can make matters worse.

When you soaked the tampon in ACV, did you soak it while it was still in the applicator or did you take it out? Also, how long did you soak the tampon before you inserted it?

I soaked it for about a minute and did it outside of the applicator to make sure it got well absorbed.

What a silly response!

I have been having problems with a foul odor and white discharge. I googled some home remedies and found apple cider vinegar. I soaked a tampon in acv and inserted it for about 15 minutes. I was very skeptical at first. Terrified actually. It tingled a little, nothing extreme. I soaked in a 2 cup vinegar bath after for about 20 minutes. Inserted another tampon for 10 minutes. Then the smell and discarge was gone all night! This morning a little discarge came back so i am trying the tampon method again. Will leave it in a little longer. It says a week is normally how long it takes to cure. Fingers crossed! Feeling hopeful.

Yes I agree. I habe heard about ale cider vinegar and I'm using the tampon method now. I'm seeing results with my yeast infection already!! So soothing!!

This happened to me a few years back! I thought I had blood i my urine I was so scared! Trip to the urologist resulted in a lot of testing, an MRI and some sort of catheter that gave me a UTI and nothing solved but doctor bills. Finally went to the gyno and sure enough there was a tampon way up there! My husband and I had been having sex and didn't even notice! Gross!

I'm not sure how you forget about at all like are you cutting the string!? When my cycle is over I'm happy to be free of those thing. I don't you guys and miss me with that one just sounds disgusting.