Everytime I finish my period, I start another cycle; the cycle of my vagina having a really bad odor the first week AFTER my period. I don't have any other side effects with this, I don't have discharge, I don't have any pain or itchyness, but everytime my period finishes, this smell starts. It is also very strong. Sometimes I get accused of passing gas because of it. I wear cotton undies and try not to wear jeans that week but nothing has helped. I am confused by what this may be because I am not experiencing any other symptoms.....can anyone help?

The same thing happens to me and I don't know why. I tried using special cleansers and that helped for about an hour and that's it. I would really like a solution too!

Hi after my third child I encountered this foul smell before and after a period. It can be hormonal. I use Norforms (found in Walmart). It is a suppository. It works! You insert one at bed time. It kills the odor for at least three to four days. But check with your Doc. this is always best.

Hello! I think that this is very common and generally, in most of the cases, nothing to be scared of. It looks like that vaginal odor, has this especially an offensive smell after menstruation. That is a problem that most women have to deal with and you are not the only one.  But it also can be an indicator of several health issues, such as yeast infection. Also, it can be caused by Candida albicans that are causing this infection and it happens whenever a hormonal change alters the natural bacteria inside the vagina. You should visit your gynecologist in some of those cases, just to be sure that you are perfectly healthy. Observe your secret color as well.