I get sick easily. .. does getting sick during pregnancy affect the baby?

Hello iamjasonsgirl

When women get pregnant, their bodies undergo radical change - as in hormone levels change drastically - all of which is necessary for developing breasts for milk and so on.Yes, during initial stages of pregnancy, we women do experience vomiting - but this stabilizes in due time. If you have other issues, I am sure your doctor will be able to examine you. There are lot of restrictions on drugs and medications - some of them harm the baby. So, for all practical purposes do not attempt self-medication. Follow doctor's advice. Good luck :)

Hi auchi I'm 14 and 8 wks pregnant , I suffer from crps complex regional pain syndrome I've had it for 2 yes now and I'm on medication for it , I was wondering if it would hurt the baby ??? Its called lyrica

I forgot to say that I also have epilepsy and the lyrica controles that too the last seizure I had was 4 weeks ago but I didn't no I was pregnant

Thank you aushi! :)

Hello babybump2000
Sorry to hear about your condition. Always confide in your doctor and inform him that you are pregnant and want a baby. I am sure he will suggest alternative medicines which do not harm the baby. But, sometimes risks need to be taken - best to be under doctor's advice always. An Internet search tells me Lyrica is harmful for the baby - consult your doctor for detailed information. Good luck :)

Hi guys I went the er yesterday and they're not taking me of my meds I forgot to mention that I'm also on Dilantin 500mg nightly , I was in alot of pain front the crps and had to stay in over night they did an ultrasound and I'm having twins I don't no the sex yet but I'm having twins , 14 and having twins oh my god . they're doing a spinal block so I can't feel below my hips because of the pain of the crps xxx bump and the babes xx

During pregnancy their will be a change in their body. just when you have got the everyday challenges of pregnancy under control you come down with a nasty cold or the flu.

Thank you for your help

I think that you have to discuss with a good doctor and also for some more knowledge, you should read about blogs and other articles related to pregnancy and lifestyle. As I had read and I always follow my regular guidelines to make my pregnancy healthy in all aspects.

Thanks.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use