Please tell me what this could mean? I am 35 week pregnant and this morning when I woke up I noticed that the urine in the toilet was green. Could it be from a food? I don't want to alarm anyone yet; I just wanted to check first. Please if anyone knows what this could be!

My wife had same problem, but I can't remember whether it was before or after delivery. It was years ago. She did urinary analyses and there was no logical explanation except the suspected on meds she was taking during pregnancy. It stopped after a while. I think you should check just in case.

its the prenatal pills she is taking!

Hello cheri,

First of all congratulations on getting pregnant! Second if you have been eating asparagus it is quite possible that your urine is greenish and that it smells very odd. It would be best to see what is going to happen during the day and tomorrow because if this is one time only there is no need to alarm anyone. But if this happens tomorrow again than you should definitely visit your doctor and probably do certain urine analysis to see what is going on.

I hope that this is just consequence of the food you have been eating during the day. I would suggest that you increase intake of the water today. Keep us posted about your condition.