I am scheduled to have an abortion next week and don't want to tell anyone especially my boyfriend. I never thought I would have an abortion but now I feel like it's the right decision for me. However, I am really ashamed about it. I would like to just get it over with alone. I have great circle of friends and a very loving and supportive family around me but I don't want them to know. I am also in a great but very new relationship and would rather not tell him about the pregnancy and abortion. But I also feel like my boyfriend has the right to know. The little that we talked about it before I took a pregnancy test, he was very support of whatever decision I will make. I just feel like I am just not ready to share this with him. It was very hard for me to come to this decision and I am so worried about what will happen and how I would feel afterwords. If I share this with him or my friends and family, I am worried that they might secretly judge me for it or try to influence me in someway. In one hand, I know I am very strong and independent and feel like I can handle anything. In the other hand, I have very done this before and don't know what to expect physically and emotionally. I am worried and would love feedback

Hi there. I am sorry you are having to go through this and understand what you are going through. It has been one week since I had an abortion. Never in a million years did I ever imagine I would ever write that... nonetheless go through it. It is 100% your decision on who you tell and who you don't. This is such a private and sensitive decision it's only natural to not want to involve people. Unfortunately some people are not as supportive as you would like or imagine. When I found out I was pregnant it was a huge shock, especially considering I was past my first trimester. It was the hardest and most emotional decision I had to make and despite me feeling guilty for my choice, I feel deep down it was the right thing to do at this time in my life. It's hard to not feel selfish and not to wonder "what if" but you have to stand by your gut and just have faith and know everything will be ok. Most important thing is that you go somewhere safe and a place that will take good care of YOU! I also consider myself a strong and independent woman but this was an experience I could not have gone through without my support system. I told my mom, my boyfriend, my best friend and boyfriend sister. All have been supportive in their own way. No matter who you tell this will be a life changing thing. If you feel you can't tell friends,family or your boyfriend you may consider talking to a counselor.
Physically, everyone probably has different post-operative "symptoms". For me, I had mild to moderate cramping and have been bleeding slightly...enough to wear a pad every day- which I hate! The day of I was really tired and wanted to just sleep. I was up moving around and pretty much returned to my normal activities the next day. I followed my instructions - took all my antibiotics, rest, light/no activity, no swimming, sex, tampons. I was surprised at how normal physically I felt afterwards.
The actual procedure was probably the worst 6 hrs. Since I had a surgical abortion and I was in my 2nd trimester I think the procedure was a bit more involved. There was a lot of waiting and paper work. I took a few pills prior to the surgery that made me have severe cramping and nausea. I was sedated but remember everything about the surgical procedure. The nurses and doctor were really really nice and made sure I was comfortable. They were compassionate and understanding.
I know this is a lot of information but I did a TON of research before my procedure and I was trying to find reassurance/insight as I too was scared....very scared. I hope this helps and just remember this is your decision so whatever you choose be confident and know everything will be ok. I wish you the best.

I am going to have a second trimester abortion as well and I honestly dont know what is going to happen or what to expect . Your help would truly help me out alot!