Hello. I'm 17 year old female and I'm really sorry about my best friend. You see, these last couple of days she missed her school and didn’t answered on phone.
So, no one really knew what happened to her. Yesterday I came by her house and she opened the door. I could tell that she was crying. She told me that her mother is in hospital and that she developed some disease called hematomacrosis.
She didn’t know to explain me what exactly this means but supposedly it is some serious disorder!
Can anyone tell me more about this disease!?

Hi. I'm very sorry about your best friend and hers mother but what can you do. You see, I also don’t know a lot about this condition so my suggestion for you is to contact some with more expertise in this field. All I know about it is that this is one genetic disease called, where the liver produces too much iron.
This iron first circulates through the blood and then, it can build up in different organs, such as liver, muscles, lien and brain. Of course, you are aware that this leads to all kinds of function problems of these organs! Like I said, it is all I know about it! Talk with her mother personally!

I can't help you too much, though I do know a bit. My mom has it, and I'm a carrier. Most of my maternal aunts and uncles have it, as well. It's a genetic disease in which your body produces too much iron. They have to avoid eating iron, though it is partially treatable. For women, they have their period and naturally lose blood monthly. For men and women after menopause, most have to get monthly blood draws. As I said, I don't know much. I guess it can be fatal, but it isn't in most cases. Sorry I couldn't help more.