I'm 16 years old and have never been sexually active but in the past 6 months have developed a small pink/red bump about 1/2 inch below my penis on my scrotum. I have no idea what it is and I'm extremely anxious to get rid of it. Any possible diagnosis or treatment options would be extremely helpful. :$

When I had a similar problem, my friends told me it either an inflamed hair or a cyst. I could also see some white stuff inside.
They told me it is puss if it is a hair follicle and that it could be dead skin cells if it is a cyst. I didn’t want to touch it even though I was tempted to squeeze it. I went to an urologist and it turned out it was just an inflamed hair. I put some warm cloth on it to drain the white stuff and together with it a hair got out on the surface. I took it out with a pincers and two days after there was no sign of a bump.

It seems as if your story is a bit different, right? It has been there for quite some time. Do you have a problem with visiting an urologist? I don’t find it so scary or anything but it would be best if you were examined by a pro so that you can get a proper treatment if necessary at all.

Hello everyone I am writing this post to you because I had some problem, called bump on scrotum and I was not sure, what shall I do, and than I decided to visit doctor and she found out that it is inflamed hair. I got an operation, stayed in hospital for four days,and few days after it I feel pretty good, my only problem was the itching that I felt sometimes. I went to hospital every second day in order to clean the wound and after four weeks I felt great and I started physical activities such as basketball or tennis again.

If it is indeed a cyst and not just a hair follicle how would I get rid of it then?

To be honest I have never had a cyst down there before but I asked my girlfriend, she is a nurse. She told me that if you had a cyst you should put some antibiotic like bacitracin or Neosporin on it and leave it alone not touch it or squeeze it. She told me that it would be best if this thing was examined by a doctor to see what it really is because it has been there for quite some time.

I have a red bump on my scrotum. It was there and then it disappeared for a day but then came back with a scab in the middle. I have never had sex either. Any clues??

i have a red pinkish bump about a half inch below my penis i just lost my virginity and dont know what it is its been there for about a week to two weeks i popped it when i first noticed it but know it wont go away anyidea?