Ok, so im 16 and a few years ago i noticed my labia one day were huge, the inner lips stretch down like an inch from the outer ones. I know there are already so many posts about this but they are all different and i cant read them all thats why im making my own. I want to get a boyfriend and become sexually active but im so self concious about them, im even afraid to show my doctor. I know its natural for the inner labia to sometimes be bigger but mine are like seriously a full inch bigger! Please help... and also i have heard of the surgery to reduce their size if anyone could tell me about that i would be greatful. Thanks

I'm 16 too and have been sexually active for about 6 months with my boyfriend of a year. I also noticed at around 13 or 14 that my inner labia were a lot longer than the inner ones. to tell you the truth I'm STILL self concious about it even though my boyfriend says he loves them. If a guy says anything about them to you then you shouldn't be with him anyways. All women are different and getting surgery could decrease pleasure during sex. Bigger labia actually allow more pleasure during sex. Seriously, don't worry about it, guys don't really care. Your gyno has seen more long labia than just yours so don't be scared about that either.

In reply to the two previous posts on this thread: I'm a 44 year old guy who has had his share of lovers (all female, if that's important to you) after a bit of a late start (age 20). In my experience, labia as long as you both describe are uncommon, but are by no means weird or unusual.

The longest labia minora I have personally seen (and tasted) were about 1 5/8" long (the same length as the tip of my index to its second flex joint) when measured from the bottom of the pelvic triangle. If by some chance you can find a copy of the June 1993 issue of Cheri Magazine, you can see for yourself. Another lover of mine had very asymetric labia minora. Her left labia was roughly an inch long, which was about 3 times the length of her right labia.

I've also seen several more sets of ~1 inch long labia courtesy of several full nude strip clubs.

Admittedly, I'm turned on by long labia, so yes, I do look for them and usually tell their owners this at some opportune, intimate time. In all but one case, I've learned that these women were all rather self-concious of their labia when they were teenagers but later learned to enjoy this feature of their anatomy. The exception, my former lover with the asymetric labia, is rather self-concious about a lot of things, so I'm not sure that counts.

Having large labia is like anything else about all of ours bodies, whether we are male or female. We can accept it as a "defect" or an "asset," neither of which will prevent someone who loves you for who you are from loving you any more or any less.

well im 15 now and i have the same thing. ive always been heaps embarresed that guys would see it and freak out and too scared to talk to mum or friends.

my L.M. (right) us alot bigger and strechier than the other. i dont know whether to see a doctor about it.

Well, my labia minora are very long, longer than my outer labia and I'm so self concious, I almost have sex, and then I stop, because I'm scared he'll stop, and I mean I love my boyfriend a lot, but I'm so scared he'll think it's gross. Should I tell him first or not?

hey girls, if this is really a problem for u, i suggest you see a gynecologist and hopefully they can help u out. Good luck :-)

hey girls dont be worried long lips are great they are fun to play with great to look at and taste even better when you sweat the longer the better for taste and smell within the folds worry about wearing jeans that are 2 sizes too small and your belly hanging over them like most girls at the mall viva long lips

Don't worry girls, this will not drive away your boys.

I'm 20 years old and I've been having sex since I was 14. I've been engaged, have had 5 boyfriends, 4 of whom have seen me naked, 3 of whom I've slept with. My current boyfriend and I have been together for over a year. He affectionately calls my p***y his "lotus flower" (which he constantly feels the need to "water", it's a kind of inside joke of ours). Only once have I had a strange reaction to my labia - when #2 went to finger me and found that my labia were engorged with arousal and a half inch longer than he expected (they can get up to 3/4 of an inch if I stretch them). He'd never encountered anything like it before but loved them once he saw them. #3 commented that my labia gave me an amazing "grip" on him.

My right labia was about 3 mm longer than my left, but I've discovered an exercise that have even them out a little; they are after all a muscle. The first is more of a vaginal one. It took time for me to isolate this muscle, probably about a month, but it also increased my ability to stimulate my partner. To isolate the muscle at the entrance to your vagina, try to imagine what it feels like when you clench your anus. Extend that clenching to your vulva. Once you can clench all of it, try to clench just the vulva, without the anus. Then try to clench just the lower portion of your vulva. After a few months of practicing I was able to extend my muscular control higher up in the vagina too. You can do this anywhere, sitting or standing, and not one can tell. Pilates, which can strengthen the "pelvic floor" also helps build strength in the area. I've heard the same of bellydance, though I haven't tried it personally.

Just one tip: keep your labia clean! With all the folds you don't want anything hanging around in there. Darkness is natural (my petals have a small rim of pinkish purple) but my lips got pinker after I started cleaning them properly for a few months.

I have longer labia minora and for the longest time I thought these exact thoughts. It especially didn't help with Dane Cook being so big and his joke about women's longer labia and how it was almost repulsive.

I DEFINATELY didn't want to show it then to anyone, but let me say that no one that I have been with has EVER had a problem with my body. My ex boyfriend loved it, and told me directly that he WANTED it.

And the man I am with now also has no problem with my vagina.

Ok so I'm not trying to promote teenagers having sex, I think you should definatly wait until you are at least 18, and also depending on your religious views, but when you DO have sex, trust me...you're man won't be consentrating too hard on the look of your vagina because he's getting SEX! And he will be thinking more about how good it feels than trying to embarrasse you. Chances are if he is mature enough then that won't matter and if he does have a problem with it, than he isn't worth your time.

The descriptions of those protruding labia minora make my mouth water. They are beautiful and easily get the TOP ranking in my sexual stimulation book. I could lick, nuzzle, massage (with fingers and tongue)and suck, suck, suck them the whole love session long. And when I insert my penis I love for my lover and I to watch how they cling to my penis on the backstroke as though begging it to stay. They even excite the artist in my soul with their many colors from the palest pink to black. Sometimes they thicken when engorged from stimulation. They can also tug and rub the clitoris adding to your lady's romantic journey. Don't ever have them removed or sculpted by a surgeon. They are a wonderful and provocative gift. God didn't make everything symmetrical, but if that pleases you or your lover, so be it. They are yours, but don't tamper too much with the resident sentries of Mount Venus. I could go on for pages about their beauty. I always enjoy it when my lover gives me a tender smile and says "chase my butterfly" as she spreads those inner lips and lets their moisture hold them against her thighs so I can lick them tenderly from every coceivable angle.

i've been looking around websites reading how there are other girls that are self conscious of their long inner labia. i've also read how it's normal and that guys love it, but i'm still really self conscious about it. i want to be in a relationship and become sexually active with them, but im so self conscious i don't know what to do. i feel like i'm deformed because i've seen plenty of other pictures online and the women don't look like i do.

help. =(

Hey girls.
I'm 27 years old. I'm married now, and have had about 10 sexual partners in my life. I have protruding labia minora, and I can tell you that they have never adversely affected my sex life. Guys love them - every guy I have been with has loved performing oral sex on me. Plus, I think maybe they make oral sex more enjoyable - there's more out there to play around with!
Seriously - enjoy your anatomy!

I used to have long inner labia (well over an inch) and had them shortened 10+ years ago. I'm very happy with the result, but seeing all the wonderful responses from the guys here, I'm now wondering why I bothered! %-) I did it for me primarily, because I didn't like the look of them, but I was worried about reactions I had had from lovers also...obviously lovers that weren't worth my time anyway. (Hindsight is 20/20 and wisdom comes with age...)

I actually didn't go to a plastic surgeon. I should have, but the gynaecologist took the bull by the horns and did it herself! Luckily for me, the result was excellent, and she left my clit well alone. I now have tiny butterfly wings just behind my clit that are as cute as a button...*lol*)

Man love long inner lips ;-)

We do not love pussys like childeren have (without long inner lips).

Please, do not change your body.

I'm a guy and believe me I've seen so many porn videos and pics that sometimes I myself am astonished. Thousands, literally.

I've heard many gals get really concerned with the size, form and symmetry of their labia minora and they often say they haven't seen women looking like they do in porn on the web. Well, you must have watched too few movies and seen too few pics. In fact there are plenty of gals with protruding long labia minora and they are not ashamed of it at all, but on the contrary, willingly spread their legs in front of the camera. Victoria Knight for examle, or Altea Metart and many more.

Sometimes I wish I knew what the gal is like down there the first time I see her. Long labia... a major turn-on for me. Seriously, and besides in case they're large there's more sensitive area there, which makes oral and regular sex (as well as masturbation) more pleasurable.