Is it common to feel palpable lymph nodes in the neck.I have like 5-6 about the size of a pea palpable ones that dont go away and i heard that it isnt good if they dont go away.I have neck pain all the time to.I tried to get a biopsy and no ENT will do it because they say they dont think its anything to worry about.Well im worried like crazy and just want to know why there their.any suggestions.Thanks

Hi - Did you ever find out anything about your lymph nodes? Or get an ENT to do a biopsy? I also have persitant swollen lymph nodes in my neck, in which a catscan discovered this when I complained to my ENT of persistant chronic neck pain since my tonisillectomy. It's now been more than 10 months since my surgery, and I still have painful swollen lymph nodes. The ENT doesn't seem concerned either and will not do a biopsy because she said that the nodes are too deep in my neck, and though she said she didn't think it was cancer, before we did the catscan she gave me every diagnosis under the sun. Needless to say, I am worried and tired of being in pain and do not want to continue taking ibuprofen any longer.
I have even discovered during this time things that some things will cause them to fare up even more. Certain foods made with white flour, like bread, pasta, anything containing gluten, alcohol, secondary cigarette smoke. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi, I have has swollen lymph nodes in my neck, back and front for 9 months. 2 months ago I went to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester to have tests. I had a lot of blood work, a catscan, and needle biopsy, every thing came back NORMAL. I consider myself to be a very healthy person, I never eat fast food, I make all of my meals from organic ingredients, I do yoga and weight traning on a regular basis, but non of that seems to matter because I still have these very painful lymph nodes. The hospital bill is $4,500. and that's my insurance deducatable. Good luck finding out what is going on with you, and good luck with your insurance companies.