Hi. I'm 31, I always had kind of fleshy nipples but when I got pregnant they grew quite large and became to stay hard most of time. My doc told me that this went together with larger areolas and veins visible on the breasts and that it should go away eventually. I didn't feed my baby and it's  6 months since I gave birth and the veins disappeared but the areolas stayed large and above all my nipples stayed hard and they lost a great part of sensitivity. Now my doc says that this might be a permanent condition. Does anyone have the same problem and did your nipples stay hard? 

Some things get back to normal and others dont Im afraid. I myself got my areola size and nipples back, except that my areolas stayed darker and my nipples longer, but my already small breasts were completely empty and sagging. I'm part of a self help group for this and I can tell you there are all kind of conditions. A friend of mine has kept just like you the large areolas and nipples she grew while pregnant and her nipples are not exactly hard all the time but kind of stiff. They werent very sensitive even before. Another woman in the group got permanent stretch marks and also saggy breasts and she too kept her large areolas but she doesn't complain about her nipples. Another still had puffy nipples before and they turned into very fleshy nipples. Another complains like you about permanent hard nipples. What Ive learned is that pregnancy brings you body towards complete development. This is the way you were meant to be. Its like a second puberty. You'll have to accept it. And Im sure youre beautiful the way you are.