I'm really freaked out.
I'm 21. I'm petite with small boobs- a B cup at their biggest- and my areolas were always on the bigger side, but now they're growing even more. They're like 3 inches across and only shrivel to a proportional size when they're really cold. A guy once asked me if I was pregnant because they're so big. My boobs have stayed the same, so my areola is basically taking over. My confidence has plummeted. I'm afraid to be intimate with a guy in case they run from my massive areolas. I have never been pregnant. I'm not on birth control(it makes me too anxious). I am not sexually active right now so I know I'm NOT pregnant. Why are they growing? Do I have a hormonal imbalance?

They're growing because that's you. Nothing to be ashamed of and any guy who would belittle you for that needs to find someone else so you will be free to find a decent guy. It's normal for a guy to notice it because it's different than most but certainly not something for him to make you feel bad about. BTW I LOVE tiny boobs, so I must be a freak.

Thankyou for the positive feedback. I'm normally pretty comfortable with my body, and never minded my small boobs because they were proportional.

I was never self-conscious about it until a conversation in the car when a couple of guy friends started talking about how "gross" they thought big areolas were. Then my girl friends brought up some picture they saw and how lucky "we" are to be"normal" and then I realized that mine looked like that. Now I'm getting obsessive about them.

Because someone mentioned it, I think it's natural for you to be thinking about it right now. Particularly when it's something you relate to. I also would be willing to bet you those guys would not have said what they did if they knew your secret. They would probably be delighted to have the opportunity to enjoy what you have with no complaints. So don't beat yourself up. Think of something nice instead, like your delightful tiny boobs that some guy is not going to be able to resist. :-D

OK?

I know this thread is years old, but being I guy I just wanted to say that big areolas are absolutely lovely and in fact a turn-on to me, in fact it's what makes women women! Don't let a few guys lose your self-confidence.  

I'm glad I came across these comments.  I just turned 36 years old and have one teenager and two small children.  I noticed an increased size of my areolas recently.  The size is enourmous and am looking into areola reduction surgery.  When I wear a bikini top, it is transparent and the areolas are huge!  Some of my friends have commented on huge areolas and bubble gum size nipples, and it wasn't nice.  The father of my children says it doesn't bother him at all and he's always been supportive and nice about it.  He's extremely good looking and I have become self conscious about it.   Recently he had a few drinks and the truth came out!  He said my areolas were taking over and I should consider breast augmentation and something to reduce the size of my areolas.  Now more than ever, I just cannot have any man see me at all.  And after reading these comments, I see I'm not the only one suffering from such problem.  Now I am considering surgery, but to be honest, I would much rather pay toward my student loans than a surgery.  On the flip side, I would like the surgery so that I don't have to be so self conscious about my boobs. I'm torn!

I'm sorry that you are so self-conscious about , your concern. I understand about being self-conscious about your body and I don't dismiss your feelings on this. All the men I know including me find bigger size areolas is very much desired feature. Just letting you know what a guy thinks, and hope it wasn't creepy. lol

I was reading all the comments and noticed yours as well. Did you have the surgery?

Large areolas are the IDEAL. Men have small nipples, so women should have big nipples. This is highly attractive. Omg, one of the guests here have a husband that married her and then dislikes her beautiful huge areolas. These are the type of men that get women easily? Wow, I need to download some of their mentality. lol.

I completely understand how you feel. I had large areolas my whole life, from the time my breasts came in. I always hated my breasts, and especially my areolas. My breasts were large and they weren't cute perky breasts that you normally see on teenage girls. I was always so self-conscious. Finally, several years ago, I was able to get a breast reduction with a lift and they also reduced the size of my areolas to about the size of a quarter. That's approximately the average size of an areolae. I have to tell you, it was the best thing I've ever done for myself, ever! I wish I had had it done years and years ago, like back when I was a teenager! It definitely would have given me so much more confidence. I'm so much happier with myself now. It doesn't matter that the only people who see it are my husband and me. It makes me feel good about myself! If it's something that really bothers you, thank you have options to change it. I'm not suggesting that surgery is for everyone, but I'm just saying that it is an option. Good luck. I hope you find a good option for you!

whats wrong with having big breast as a male i love them i think they are beatifulllllllli i dont know what areolas mean but it means big nipples i love themmmmmm

I'm 26 and yes I have gained weight but my boobs have grown bigger and so has my areolas but I love them because they are different. And they look soft. And my partner loves them because they change shape so easily after playing. Embrace them. They are a thing of beauty. Don't ever let men or other women put you down. Everybody is unique. And unique breasts are a huge bonus to most men who are wiser

Please, don't worry at all. There are guys and men who love small ones. Also there are guys and men who love bigger one. Even with big areolas!!
So do i, but can't find any, alas....

Areolas are the one surrounds the nipples, its darker than the skin but lighter than the nipples

This person is just uneducated. There are MANY guys who love big areola. It is a myth that there is only one type of ideal look. Just like some girls think that guys don't like labia, when the vast majority absolutely love labia. It is only a vocal few immature guys who don't. Don't let it bother you. Your areola are perfectly normal.