I started experiencing pain between my inner thigh and my groin area on the right side of my body. As the pain worsened with each day, I noticed that there was a lump, it was warm to the touch, and was red. The pain worsened and the lump got bigger and although I probably should have went to the doctor, I took matters into my own hands. I took a warm washcloth and pressed it against the lump for quite some time. I eventually tried to pop the lump- which was very painful, but eventually whatever was inside of the lump, oozed out. There was puss and blood, and more puss, and eventually gross looking greenish/brownish stuff came out, and with all of this, came out a rock-like substance. More blood and puss oozed out (sorry for the graphics, just trying to be as decriptive as possible), and then I santitized and cleaned the wound. The "rock" wasn't very big, maybe 1/2 of a centimeter, but does anyone have an idea of what this may have been? Did I have a cyst or an abcess? I know it was not sexually related (I'm a virgin). I have experienced an abcess before due to an ingrown hair, but I felt like this wasn't the same thing? This happened quite some time ago and I have never experienced anything on that spot of my body since this occurence, just curious and would like some input. Thank you!

Yes, you could of had an ingrown hair and they are very common particularly if you shave there or your clothing rubs in that area.  It's possible that you were bitten by an insect that carried some venom or you had some foreign object penetrate your skin and become lodged in their.  Nevertheless, it seems you were successful in removing the problem.  Whether an ingrown hair, foreign object or toxin from an insect, all these things can cause an immune response which will try to wall it problem off and in the meantime there will be local cellular damage.  That's what the puss is about.  It's broken peices of plasma memrange and other cellular debris which is normal.