Hi!

I had a baby a month ago and I'm still a bit tired but am still trying to get back in shape by goings for little jogs while the baby is sleeping and I am happy to say that I am nearly back to my pre-pregnancy weight already.

What isn't getting any better is some horrible stretch marks I have on my tummy, my hips, and my buttocks. I did use a stretch mark cream during pregnancy, maybe not consistently enough though.

I am thinking it is best if I try to tackle this as soon as possible, because when it is still fresh there is a better chance of getting rid of them altogether, right? I'm thinking laser treatment should do the trick but can anyone tell me more about this?

Thanks!!!

I'm kind of in the same position but a bit different: I used to be really skinny as a kid and went through a period of putting on weight rapidly as a teen, when I reached puberty. The result was that I ended up with stretch marks all the way from my groin down to my knees, on my inner thighs. There are some less visible stretch marks on my breasts that I can live with as well. I am now 24 and keep fit with pilates now. The stretch marks have faded some, but to be honest they are still visible. That's bad news for you of course. When they say stretch marks fade, well perhaps for some but it has been at least 10 years and maybe 11 since mine appeared and though they are no longer raised they still have that red/purple color going on.

Reading on the internet, I discovered that creams do not stand a chance of working. Pulsed dye laser can help reduce the appearance of stretch marks some my altering their pigment, but ultimately there simply is no good treatment for stretch marks :(. YET anyway. You can get them excised if they are only in a small area. For me, I am just stuck with them and am now considering the possibility of covering them with tattoos.

Yeah, my sister got stretch marks something wicked after she had her son, mostly right on her tummy but legs as well, and yeah, course she used all them creams and stuff, I know cause I even bought her some, LOL. Stretch marks are a really big deal to get rid of, basically nobody thinks they're nice so of course there's tons of products on the market that promise to prevent and eliminate them but they're either outright lying or exaggerating big time. I've heard the best about laser too but results are mixed and the money's too much. Just collateral damage I guess, like wrinkles eventually catch up with all of us those who get stretch marks get them to keep :).

Celebrity

Stretch marks are notoriously difficult to remove. The one thing I have heard that actually does appear to offer potential is microneedling, also called dermarolling. During this procedure, a roller with many needles goes over your skin, causing controlled micro wounds all over the skin. The purpose of microneedling is to induce the skin to react by healing. That means scar tissue, wrinkles, and sun damage may lao be reduced if not completely healed. Stretch marks, I have heard, can be removed with dermarolling. I don't know from personal experience, but since dermarolling is a treatment anyone can apply at home as well, and dermarollers do not have to cost much, I suggest you investigate this further.

Rosie

If you find anything that works be sure to let me know, LOL. I've had stretch marks for years and though they're part of my body now and a part that reminds me of how I got ugly to get beautiful kids, LOL, well, if I could get rid of them, I would definitely do it if it weren't too expensive. Creams do not penetrate that deeper layer of skin at all and it's just BS that they could do anything. Dermarolling? Sounds like it has SOME potential. Laser? Even plastic surgeons are not TOO optimistic. At the end of the day this is just a tricky question.

Hi, stretch marks, hey, who wants them? I don't but I don't have any either, which is pretty rare. I must say I have been hearing this stuff about "bio oil" which is all different oils altogether and it is not all natural either though you would think so with a name like that. It claims to make scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone and aging skin better. I don't know if it works but it could be something to look into, perhaps, it could be worth a try. I would not count on stretch marks even completely going away but you could at least reduce them a bit.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. I've been involved with discussions on this issue before, once upon a time with high hopes because... I do have stretch marks myself, and of course I do not like them. Unfortunately, no matter which way you twist it, the only reliable way to get rid of a stretch mark totally is to excise the skin it is contained it. (No, that is not a treatment especially offered. If you have a tummy tuck though, some of your stretch marks will also be gone!)

On the upside, not only do stretch marks indeed fade with time, you grow used to them as well. This sounds like a cliche, but all those things are marks of something you have been through.

I will reluctantly add my voice and say that I agree that there is no way to really remove stretch marks. They are embedded in much deeper layers of the skin, or rather are tears that rip all the way through. The only way to rid yourself of stretch marks is to remove that skin, and that is completely unfeasible. As everyone of course notes, because it is true, stretch marks do fade with time. I will add that hydrated, cared for, skin with stretch marks will always be lightyears ahead of uncared for skin with stretch marks, so I would focus on self care with good lotions.

It is very frustrating!

My stretch marks, which cover most of my thighs, are over 10 years old now. I came here googling how to get rid of them after already having read tons of other bits and bobs. Needless to say most shower you with tips on how to drink lots of water, how to keep the stretch marks moisturized, how to eat a healthy diet...

Yeah, I didn't already know that! Duh!

Then they talk about laser removal surgery for stretch marks. That may be the winning ticket, but then I keep seeing how it is not guaranteed, etc. Not very encouraging.

Blah.

Hey, I was actually talking with a friend of mine about this on Saturday. She was a teenage mom, had her first kid at 17, and you know what they say about teens being muuuch more prone to the development of stretch marks than older moms! Now at 23 she has three kids, but swears that only the first gave her stretch marks. So she saw an ad for this snail gel stuff and decided trying it was worth a shot. Remember you are talking about six year old stretch marks here. They are radically improved! It's like the snail gel drew the skin closer into itself, shrinking the stretch marks. Of course they are still somewhat there but the difference is so remarkable that I felt the need to share when I saw this thread.

Does that really work, that celltone snail gel stuff?? I have seen that around, advertised as an anti-age treatment I think, and yes, to firm up the skin in general. I do have some old stretch marks that I am not desperate to get rid of but would be pleased if they went away, I just thought it wasn't possible without investing a ton of money I can spend on better things. Thanks for giving me the heads up here, I feel like I might actually try snail gel for stretch marks then.