Hi! I have been lifting weights for 1 year now, and besides muscle mass I gained strech marks as well. At least I think they are from weight lifting. I have never thought this might have happened to me, because I know that only fat ladies and pregnant women get them. Now, I feel like the pregnant lady. It’s really annoying especially because I haven’t seen other guys in the gym with these stretch marks. Now, what I would like to know if there is a way to prevent the rise of these horrible marks.

Stretch marks develop when the skin is excessively stretched, damaging the collagen fibers and proteins in the underlying skin layer. So, as you had an opportunity to find out, it doesn’t hit fat ladies only. Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to stop these stretch marks from forming. There are creams and lotions that can decrease itchy sensation but there isn’t anything that can help you avoid their progress. I’ve been a fat pregnant lady and whatever I did, didn’t help me get rid of them and I still have them two years after the birth of my child.

Best idea to get rid of stretch marks is to buy some cream to put on them. I have hear tha some work so/so and others work great, just try a few and see what one you like best.

You can't get rid of stretchmarks. Over time they will fade and be less noticable, but they will never disappear. Genetics is what predisposes you to them.. not creams, not drinking water. There is a reason you'll see someone after 3 kids with a flat smooth belly, and another with an "apron" of skin hanging of their abdomen covered in stretchmarks... and it's not because one of them used creams or took a special pill.

You can help your skin's appearance a lot by drybrushing and consuming adequate fat in the diet. Don't be paranoid, a lot of men have them as well.