Hello, I am 23 years old and I never had any problems like this before. I am exercising at the nearby gym three times a week and it looks like I have got the athlete’s foot there, while showering. Do you have this condition? How dangerous is it? Should I go to the doctor?

Well, the doctor might help, but basically, you just need some antifungal medications and that should be all. Of course, that is a very persistent condition and it might take a while before it is gone. And keep the feet hygiene high, but also dry the feet after the washing, fungus also thrive in a moisture environment.

my son was very athletic and kept having reoccuring problems with itching feet, especially between the toes. we were told to try using vick's 44 chest rub to irritated areas. he'd apply it at night after shower and feet had dried well. then put on a clean pair of socks to sleep in. it amazed us that it actually worked. periodically still uses this method for relief, but doesn't happen near as often since it actually got cleared up good and we catch it early now. thought i'd pass it on.